4CM Stereo Effects with Two Real Amps

Ryan Pullin

I'm trying to meld my convoluted schemes with the I/O capabilities of the Axe FX. My 4CM approach uses the conventional method of:
  • In 1 = Instrument
  • Out 3 = Amp input
  • In 4 = FX Send
  • Out 4 = FX Return
With one amp, I'm just using the Left jacks for each of In 4, Out 3, and Out 4.

Since I'm just using the Left jacks for one stack, I thought I could use the Right jacks for a second stack with the same aforementioned setup. However, there's no "L" and "R" I/O blocks so I'm trying to wrap my head around how setting up the preset would work so that each amp could see separate effects.

Is this something as simple as inserting a block and then using the Balance parameter to pan it hard left or right? In I/O, I have Out 3, Out 4, and In 4 set to Stereo, so just panning the Balance parameter should be enough, correct?

I attached a screenshot of the preset template I'm going to use once my other Humbuster cables come in this week to try it for sure.

I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 7.12.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 7.12.53 PM.png
    252.1 KB · Views: 10
I think you just need to make sure your I/O blocks are set to stereo in the settings page. Its not in the block, bit in your overall settings. Not at my Axe-FX now or I would give a more detailed answer.

I am doing 4 cable with one amp now, but have hooked up two amps in the past, and that is pretty much it.

I think you just need to make sure your I/O blocks are set to stereo in the settings page. Its not in the block, bit in your overall settings. Not at my Axe-FX now or I would give a more detailed answer.

I am doing 4 cable with one amp now, but have hooked up two amps in the past, and that is pretty much it.
Awesome, thanks! It seemed straightforward with the stereo outputs but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t oversimplifying it

Back
Top Bottom