4CM Question

mferrand

Inspired
Hey All,

I am setting up my FM3 to use the 4 Cable Method. The manual clearly shows how to do this. My question is.... Why do you go from IN1 to OUT2 (and IN2 to OUT1)
wouldn't it be more intuitive to go from IN1 to OUT1 etc. ? My only thought is that for humbuster cables this is the best set up since OUT1 is balanced. Correct?

1601752584848.png

Correct... Out 2 is setup for 'Humbuster' cables.

Think of 'Out 2' and 'In 2' as an effect loop. It makes more sense that they are the same number

You want a signal path that takes the drive / wah etc signal and takes it to the amp input. Then you want the signal from the amp efx send to return to the in2. Out 1 then routes back to the efx return on the amp. You want to try all your time based effects in the (in2/out1) loop.

Try it both ways and see what sounds better.

Hey All,

I am setting up my FM3 to use the 4 Cable Method. The manual clearly shows how to do this. My question is.... Why do you go from IN1 to OUT2 (and IN2 to OUT1)
wouldn't it be more intuitive to go from IN1 to OUT1 etc. ? My only thought is that for humbuster cables this is the best set up since OUT1 is balanced. Correct?

View attachment 73470
You’re sending Out2 to your amplifier’s input, where any hum will get amplified a lot. It makes sense to put Humbuster on that input.

anyone know when using the 4 cable method with an fm3 and a 5150 III, why in the first part of the signal chain everything works great but in the secondary part nothing works from it and i get a horrible buzz when i click on the effects loop from the footswitch and almost no sound at that point. I do use a fas humbuster cable between the fm3 and the amp input. Maybe something in the settings anyone know off hand?

anyone know when using the 4 cable method with an fm3 and a 5150 III, why in the first part of the signal chain everything works great but in the secondary part nothing works from it and i get a horrible buzz when i click on the effects loop from the footswitch and almost no sound at that point. I do use a fas humbuster cable between the fm3 and the amp input. Maybe something in the settings anyone know off hand?
It could be your preset, or what cables are connected to what, or your amp's effects loop, or...

i triple checked all the cables to which goes where from the manual...i also changed the 2 regular cables and im using 1 fas humbuster on the in to amp blue side and a xlr to ts for the final one...i built the preset block simple in 2 different ways including the Leon Todd versions both with and without the amp block. when i run my real pedals to loop no issue so i know its not the loop or amp...Im assuming i dont have the I/O settings right or maybe somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom