4CM high squeal

I got the Pyle PHE 400 and tried it today using the 4CM, with a Marshall Plexi, Fryette PS-2A, 4x12 cab, and Axe FXIII.
I put the Pyle PHE-400 between output 3L and the front of the Marshall Plexi.

It works! The ground loop squeal is gone!

I set outputs 3 and 4 full up on the Axe FXIII, and set the FX level on the Fryette PS-2a to low. So far everything is working as I hoped it would. (I used all regular cables.) I have two humbuster cables but I wanted to try it with regular cables first. It appears I might not need to use the humbuster cables.

Problem solved!

Amazon product ASIN B00BARTW42
I have yet to try the Fryette PS-2A as a silent load box. Have any of you used it for that successfully?
That's good to hear the Pyle is working out for you!

I just finished up setting up the 4CM test with my Powerstation and Mark head with the Stage bug 6 as I stated earlier in my post with no noise
issues. By chance do you hear any tone degradation using the Pyle?

That's good to hear the Pyle is working out for you!
By chance do you hear any tone degradation using the Pyle?

Not that I can hear. There might be something more expensive that does a little better job, I don't know, but it works and I don't feel I need to get something better. It sounds good.

I have yet to try the Fryette PS-2A as a silent load box, or to try it as an amplifier to drive the Axe FXIII into a 4x12 cab.
It sounds really good as an attenuator, and it sounds really good using the 4CM method with the Axe FXIII and an amp.

I bought the Lehle. On some amps I am getting the high pitch squeal. Here’s my setup:

Guitar->Boost Pedals->Amp->Fryette PS->Line out to Axe input 2. I am using the Axe for cab and post amp effects. So not a true 4CM. Where should I stick the Lehle to break the ground loop squeal?

Does anyone using the Fryette PS loop? Should the loop level button be in or out?

Back
Top Bottom