3 killer videos of that Kemper Profiling Amplifier

no comment on the sound, but I find that thing and its 1950s space sounds hilarious, its so Lost in Space!!! again no offense but come on that thing is sooooooo retro. also I reiterate it is useless unless it comes with every amp imaginable pre loaded, who has all these amps and then still needs a box to emulate them?

no comment on the sound, but I find that thing and its 1950s space sounds hilarious, its so Lost in Space!!! again no offense but come on that thing is sooooooo retro. also I reiterate it is useless unless it comes with every amp imaginable pre loaded, who has all these amps and then still needs a box to emulate them?

It doesn't have to come with every amp imaginable. It just needs to have a good selection. If they develop a large following then users can start sharing profiles.

It is an interesting concept. Since the profile is made using a fixed amp setting, I wonder how it deals with tweaking the amp settings after a profile is made (drive, bass, treble, etc).

I'm assuming there will be a library of pre-modeled amps in various states of gain included with it ...... but I definitely could not live with the look of the thing. Looks like pure kitsch and is lit up like a fairground so theres no hiding it!

If it's got the Princeton profile from the video it's off to a really good start.

+1. To my ear at $1500, that Princeton sound alone plus effects might be worth it. A BF Princeton Reverb could easily be $1500-2000 depending on condition.

Also, I have lots of the tube amps the Axe models and I still use the Axe because it gives me control I can never get with the amps themselves. I'm mostly an amps plus pedal person and that kind of rig tends to sound best at very particular volume levels depending on what amp you're using. With the Axe I can get the kind of sounds I want to get without worrying about size (hmmm, small room...Deluxe Reverb...or is it jazz...hmmm, I'll need more headroom...oh, but it's a rockier thing and I really need the crunch, but wait, I need headroom, too) Also sometimes I want the master blasting to get more of the amp drive and might want a clean boost for just a little more edge or singing. Sometimes I want the amp cleaner and more pedal drive. All these variables get hard to manage with a "real rig," but with the Axe (and maybe the Kemper...who knows at this point), they're much simpler across a huge array of situations.

I just watched the third video. They nailed a sweet slice of classic Fender tone. Now can it do some Van Halen Fair Warning tones? Whats up with that weird space ship noise it started making!

If it's got the Princeton profile from the video it's off to a really good start.

That is why those videos are titled "profiling session". They are taking the box to studios to gather a wide range of killer profiles. That princeton profile will be killer.

I find that thing and its 1950s space sounds hilarious, its so Lost in Space!!!
I knew I'd seen that thing before...

master_flight_console.jpg

i think these are released next month. this could well raid my axe fx2 piggybank that has cobwebs on it. at least these will be readily available in europe

Back
Top Bottom