2 PC's, 2 MIDI devices, 3 SX senders, no update success.....

Hi Bob,

Are you using the new Axe-Edit editor? Is it the right one for the PC machines you have?

What midi interface/s are you using?

What type of computer are you using?

TimmyM

onebaldbloke said:
As the topic says.
This has me so confused.

(And no common MIDI cables)

Advise, please.

Over,
Bob.

Hi Bob,
i had the same problem. It always said: Bad checksum at the end of the transfer.

What helped me out, was to disconnect the midi in cable from the Axe while updating Firmware.
Maybe there is too much noise on the wire, or other strange things happen.

regards
Stefan

And Me

I Used Midi-OX until 7.0. Hasnt worked since.

Send-SX has never worked for me either.

I now use Bomes and Ive never had a problem. give it a try.

I think i have your solution ... Reset to factory settings on your axe, happend to me also, couldn,t figure out what happend and reset the axe and it worked again :shock:

Give it a try.

Man I fought this for hours yesterday!!! But I believe my midi interface is mostly to blame... And on that note, if you're considering a Lexicon Omega for a midi interface... DON'T! Anyway, I was finally able to get the update by using Lars' old editor. I tried the new editor, MIDIOX, BOME's all to no avail... MIDI-OX had been my goto before with some modified settings, but this time i couldn't get that to work. I thought if someone was fighting this, they might find it helpful to try Lars editor as well.

Mike

Had the same issues way back. Tried the same interface with my Mac, worked perfectly. I've been using the Mac and SYSEX Librarian since then.

Had the same!

I have windows XP servicepack 3, p4
m-audio delta 2496 (with old driver for servicepack 2)
old (java)editor and it worked all the time!

dowloaded the new editor and failed connecting to the axe-fx.
I fiddled with the midi-channel and sysex id to match with editor but no luck.
so updated the driver of the soundcard with latest driver for servicepack 3 and failed again.
sort of connecting but bad checksum every time (if it actualy got to the end).
Also midiox sx sender failed!
I thought maybe the midi-cables were bad, checked them but they were OK.

Then downgraded the soundcarddriver to match the latest for servicepack 2 and it worked!
Now I am the proud owner of an axe-fx 7.18!!!! :cool:

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom