2 Guitars Input issues differnet tones coming out

I made 2 guitar chains EXACTLY the same chains but for some reason there is a distinct difference in each guitar tone even though they are the same i checked my input levels and outputs and you can still here 2 different tones when they should be the same for i used the same guitar for both inputs to see if it was a guitar issue but nope still 2 different tones even though they are exactly the same anyone ever run into this problem

It's really difficult to diagnose the problem from your description. It'd help immensely if you export and attach the preset to your post so we can look at it. Without that we're going to ask a lot of question just to try to understand what you're doing.

Try the attached preset. It's very simple and based on the #3 factory preset… all blocks are identical but I stripped out extraneous blocks.

Attachments

• test.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
It's really difficult to diagnose the problem from your description. It'd help immensely if you export and attach the preset to your post so we can look at it. Without that we're going to ask a lot of question just to try to understand what you're doing.

Try the attached preset. It's very simple and based on the #3 factory preset… all blocks are identical but I stripped out extraneous blocks.
That test preset is empty you sure you exported it correctly

That test preset is empty you sure you exported it correctly
It’s correct. I’m running the latest open beta firmware Cliff released. If your unit isn’t current it won’t recognize the preset, but you can easily duplicate it:
  1. Take factory preset #3, the Deluxe Verb, save it to a different Preset slot to avoid inadvertently changing it.
  2. Turn everything in the layout except In 1, Amp 1, Cab 1, Reverb 1 and Out 1 into a shunt. Make sure all blocks are connected.
  3. Add a parallel path starting with In 2 just below In 1. Add Amp 2, Cab 2 and Reverb 2, then combine both paths immediately before Out 1 so it terminates both paths.
  4. Copy Amp 1, then select Amp 2 and paste it over Amp 2. This will retain Amp 2 but will paste the settings from Amp 1 into Amp 2. Repeat this for the other blocks except In 1. Confirm In 2 is the same as In 1.
  5. Save the changes.
  6. Switch to the global settings and confirm Inputs 1 and 2, and Outputs 1 and 2, are the same settings and that there are no EQs defined. At this point you’ve created a basic version of the first preset on p. 32 in the manual.
  7. Test using both inputs with the same guitar and cord. Double check the settings if it’s different.
  8. If there is no difference, then disconnect the connection to Out 1 from the second path, and add Out 2 so it terminates the second path. This creates a simple version of the second preset on p. 32.
  9. Confirm that Out 1 and Out 2 have the same settings then test with the same guitar as in step 7. Again, there should be no difference.
  10. Try using the second guitar in either input and compare the sound of both guitars.
At this point both paths should be identical. If there’s a difference it could be your playback system, or the guitars are not as identical as you thought, or you have a bad connection or a problem with one of the cables connected to the FX3 Outputs.

Last edited:
Are you using input 1 on front on the front and another input?
Input 1 got auto impedance which changes the analog circuitry.
Input 1 will always sound different from other inputs.

Are you using input 1 on front on the front and another input?
Input 1 got auto impedance which changes the analog circuitry.
Input 1 will always sound different from other inputs.
Oh really oh so should i use input 2 and 3 then what does impendence do? I see it its like on Auto thing what thats doing? how do i match it with the other input make them sound alike

@MichaelMoneyTV Sorry man but it's the second thread you open with aspects that can really be found in the manual. Just wondering: have you ever taken a look at it? If not there's a lot to learn there, then people on this forum will surely help you.

Back
Top Bottom