1st string, the quieter

bluesk165

Inspired
Hi, Seniors
I am currently using FM9+Heag Rush 108 on live and practice room.
There are a few minor problems as following,
1. Fender strato 1983, only single coil
2. Drive or Amp EQ: Low Cut 80Hz/ Hight Cut 6500

<Question>
When I play the first string, the sound gets quieter than the others.
This wasn't the case when I used the FX8+Fender tweed.
So, It is not a malfunction of the guitar.

What should I do?

Thanks so much.

Might be a pickup height issue. Raise the height on the treble side slightly of the pickup where the issue exists (toggle your 5-way through the bass and treble) and see if this improves the volume somewhat.

(Something may have been adjusted when you last had work done on your Strat. Or perhaps it was done inadvertently.) Any case, try raising the treble side pickup height.)

Yes. I probably should have said lowering, not raising...
It's OK, we read you like TFM. And, TBH, when in grade school, buncha us math students had difficulty speaking the language well, until we remembered it is a language you learn with study. I seriously don't think TFM teaches about integers and expects us to remember this stuff from grade school. Jeez, I had problem enough locating my locker, forget grade school math...

It's OK, we read you like TFM. And, TBH, when in grade school, buncha us math students had difficulty speaking the language well, until we remembered it is a language you learn with study. I seriously don't think TFM teaches about integers and expects us to remember this stuff from grade school. Jeez, I had problem enough locating my locker, forget grade school math...
In this case it was purely me thinking of the control backwards, not the actual number values. :)

What happens when you play the same note on a different string? Try playing a note on your high E string, and the identical note on your B string. Is there still a difference in volume? If there is, then it's your guitar, not your FM9.

What happens when you play the same note on a different string? Try playing a note on your high E string, and the identical note on your B string. Is there still a difference in volume? If there is, then it's your guitar, not your FM9.
This problem did not exist in the FX8 4CM, which used a real amplifier. However, this is a problem that occurs with most factory presets in FM9. That's why I asked on this forum if I had any problems with the application of EQ. However, presets like Edige of break sound great.

Even the preset edge of break is at the same level, but it sounds much louder than the preset I made. So there seems to be a problem with my EQ operation. But I don't know what the problem is.

This problem did not exist in the FX8 4CM, which used a real amplifier. However, this is a problem that occurs with most factory presets in FM9. That's why I asked on this forum if I had any problems with the application of EQ. However, presets like Edige of break sound great.

Even the preset edge of break is at the same level, but it sounds much louder than the preset I made. So there seems to be a problem with my EQ operation. But I don't know what the problem is.
Please reread what I said in my post that you quoted, try it, and let us know the results.

I tested it in the same way, but the sound of the 1st string was still quiet. There is no problem with the combination of this guitar and the FX8.

Back
Top Bottom