16.05 Test

You did? The only emails I have from you are responses to my inquiries as to the brand of preamp you were using for your IR captures as I was concerned about the quality of the preamp. I recommended an API preamp.

Maybe I missed one.

Ah I checked the email group and it was the one with you and Matt but we cut you out at some point. My mistake. :) Anyways we talked about it with Matt also that it would be cool to have preamp sims or... basically IRs to add certain flavors. And basically the point would be to remove preamp color from the IRs themselves and then add what ever flavor you want in the Axe-Fx. Could it be a toggle menu inside the cab block even? :)

Fantastic tone and phrasing on the solo. The rhythm guitar sounds honkier than the original but still sounds great.

Ah I checked the email group and it was the one with you and Matt but we cut you out at some point. My mistake. :) Anyways we talked about it with Matt also that it would be cool to have preamp sims or... basically IRs to add certain flavors. And basically the point would be to remove preamp color from the IRs themselves and then add what ever flavor you want in the Axe-Fx. Could it be a toggle menu inside the cab block even? :)

As much as you'd like to take 'credit' for why/what Cliff is doing, I discussed/requested/suggested this back in 2007 both privately and publically. But then, I am not trying to take any credit for anything Cliff is doing. Neither is anyone else. Neither should you.

Incredible. Just keeps getting better and better. This really is a magic black box and the magician is Cliff. Cant wait...Soon.

Yes, í`m with you on that. Question is: Did this also count for Clark/Irotlas Cab Pack? Or how and with what did they done the job ... ?

ups ... i see ... wrong thread ... damn ...

But apart from that: If you now put a mic pre sim in the axe ... than we double the mic pre also: real mic pre + simulation ... (like power amp sim + tube power amp) ...

Wouldn`t do some of the many EQ options in the axe the same/similiar job to shape the sound???

So - to me - using a mic pre sim did only make sense (?!?), if the real mic pre was a super clean one - or we get one super clean real mic pre in the next gen ... ;)

The preamp simulation is simulating the nonlinear response, not the frequency response.

As much as you'd like to take 'credit' for why/what Cliff is doing, I discussed/requested/suggested this back in 2007 both privately and publically. But then, I am not trying to take any credit for anything Cliff is doing. Neither is anyone else. Neither should you.

Epiphany (feeling)

"Epiphanies are relatively rare occurrences and generally follow a process of significant thought about a problem. Often they are triggered by a new and key piece of information, but importantly, a depth of prior knowledge is required to allow the leap of understanding"

Not trying to take credit. Just like you I've also made a thread about this a long time ago. I guess it's not a bad idea if all of us think it's useful. :)

I'm just sitting over here with a great big smile listening to Cliff get his Eddie on! Excellent job sir! First the Variac sim, now this. Flippin' awesomeness in a black box!

The preamp simulation is simulating the nonlinear response, not the frequency response.

what-the-hell.jpg

ok Sir, i shut up and wait, hoping to try this out and make (and feel) experiences for myself with your code :) hmmm .... nonlinear response ... distortion & compression ... ? .... what will this thingy sound ... hmmm ....

Now, i am really curiouswhat 16.05 will bring on the table .... so far i will just have some fun with the reverb hold on .... till you can`t hold on a release longer ... hehe :)

Last edited:
We always use API. Any frequency response nonlinearity in the preamp will be in the IR, which is a good thing as the microphone and preamp should really be considered as a symbiotic pairing. So an IR isn't "4x12 Recto C414" it's actually "4x12 Recto C414 API".
API 3124+ ? :)

Back
Top Bottom