11.05 sounds thinner somehow

When I heard a preset that sounded different in a bad way after upgrading, I used my iPhone and took pics of the amp tabs ... and compared it to the old one that sounded good in the previous firmware. After all, if you find the problem on one preset, it is probably what causes any other updated presets to sound different too.

I always play a bit through one of my fovorite presets just before doing a FW upgrade so I am doing quick before/after. I did not hear any difference going from 11.03 to 11. 05.

Just to confirm, is it needed to switch amp type back and forth after every FW upgrade?

In fact, this can cause false issues.

The amp block switch will reset the master volume to it's default value for example. Which could change the sound of your preset if your preset does not use the default master level.

Reactions: yek
i also went from 11.03 to 11.05 and perceived what sounded like 'ass' to me. Perhaps resulting volume differences from the update is what threw me off. I reset the system params and adjusted presets and sounded better than ever.

In fact, this can cause false issues.

The amp block switch will reset the master volume to it's default value for example. Which could change the sound of your preset if your preset does not use the default master level.

it'll also reset the EQ page settings [if you use them] and add extra fun to your upgrade...

I saved all presets to hardware memory before upgrade then after upgrade, restore them back.
As above mentioned, switching back and forward between amp types sometimes won't work and it seems to me not just the amp setting somehow got changed...YMMV

You would think these "changes" should not happen when doing a firmware update, but I have experienced the same and it must not be "in my head" as others are experiencing the same. It's just not consistant. I believe its an issue, but for some easily corrected by rebuilding the patch or resetting.

You would think these "changes" should not happen when doing a firmware update, but I have experienced the same and it must not be "in my head" as others are experiencing the same. It's just not consistant. I believe its an issue, but for some easily corrected by rebuilding the patch or resetting.
Quite a few of my patches sounded off with 11.05. And I know I don't HAVE to update, but I don't get how these "minor" updates have such a big effect and change the sound every time on my patches...to the point where i almost have to recreate them with most FW updates..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom