Wish 100% BLOCK SETTINGS save/load & copy/paste, including scene related settings

BobXX

Inspired
1) I wish save to library (and load) really saves ALL SETTINGS of a Block,
including its Channels A-B-C-D scenes choices and ON/OFF scene settings: it doesn't matter if they are related to the scene or preset.
It could be included in the second option in the save window or add a third option "incl. modifiers and scene settings".

This will make it easier to manage and transfer blocks in a different preset, sure that it will work exactly in the same way, with its modifiers & scene/channels/on-off.

It will also help in trasferring presets from AXE to FM9 when e.g. "Pitch2" has to be copied into "Pitch1" with all its settings, in order to be imported by FM9 editor. Currently is a very tedious thing.

2) Also the copy/paste function inside a preset should copy everything all the same, otherwise we must everytime remember to rebuild all the scene's channels and scene's on/off settings to get the same behaviour. Very easy to make errors.

2024-04-26_22h01_43.png

Modifiers can already be connected to channels, without copying the above settings it will mess up the block behaviour:

2024-04-26_22h04_10.png

Last edited:
I don’t understand what you’re asking for.

- Are you referring to the Block Library?

- Scene is not a block setting.

- It is already possible to save all channels to the Block Library.

+1

Also, Block>Copy and Channel>Copy do include modifiers.

I don’t understand what you’re asking for.

- Are you referring to the Block Library?

- Scene is not a block setting.

- It is already possible to save all channels to the Block Library.

I edited my wish for better understanding.

I mean to save to library ALL settings related to the block, including the choices of the channels and on/off status for every scene for that block.
I imagine that the technical answer is "it is related to the scene" not to the block.

IMHO it is related to the BLOCK setting and the Modifiers I use in it (that may be set to work with some channel).
Even if I try to simply copy the block it will loose those settings.

Every time I copy a block to another preset, I have to manually re-adjust these "scene/channel scene on/off" informations in order to make it work as expected.

Last edited:
Thanks. I understand your wish now.

Actually, it's related to the preset, not the scene or the block. The preset decides whether a block is on or off, and which channel is used.

The block cannot know how you intend to use it in the next preset or scene. Because of that, the block makes no attempt to tell the preset what to do.

You might find it simpler to copy the entire preset into the new preset, and adjust it as needed. That way, you won't have to change how the preset uses the block.

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Thanks. I understand your wish now.

Actually, it's related to the preset, not the scene or the block. The preset decides whether a block is on or off, and which channel is used.

The block cannot know how you intend to use it in the next preset or scene. Because of that, the block makes no attempt to tell the preset what to do.

You might find it simpler to copy the entire preset into the new preset, and adjust it as needed. That way, you won't have to change how the preset uses the block.

I understand.
Anyway I would like that the "save to library" and "copy" save the current "preset choices for that block" and then load (or paste) them consequently teaching the preset how to use that block.

It will simplify a lot copy/paste that frequently carry a lot of unexpected troubles, because of wrong scene/channels block settings :)

I understand.
Anyway I would like that the "save to library" and "copy" save the current "preset choices for that block" and then load (or paste) them consequently teaching the preset how to use that block.

It will simplify a lot copy/paste that frequently carry a lot of unexpected troubles, because of wrong scene/channels block settings :)
Understood. I support that wish if it's optional. I can see where this would be helpful to you, but I think it would interrupt most people's workflow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom