Wish 10 scenes per preset, instead of 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobXX

Inspired
External foot controllers tipically arrange their footpedals by 10, not by 8.

E.g. I have 4 different footcontrollers that have 10 pedals numbers (FC-200 and FCB1010) or 5x2 (GCF-50) plus a RF MIDI controller (by 10).

Since to limit the sound switching gap is necessary to stay within the same preset,
with the majestic power of AXE FXIII I could use more complex ones and avoid to change preset for 10 scenes,
immediately available with one button pressing.

The limit of 8 scenes forces me to use n. 9 and n. 10 with a different preset (associated with PC mapping),
not intuitive, not convenient and forcibly with a sound gap.

Wishes for additional scenes have been made for a long time... Going back to Axe Fx II.

The number of switches on various controllers isn't really relevant. There are controllers with more than 8 switches (and more than 10) and with less than 8.

If I had to guess, I would suspect that it's because there are 8 bits in a byte but that's pure speculation.

Wishes for additional scenes have been made for a long time... Going back to Axe Fx II.

The number of switches on various controllers isn't really relevant. There are controllers with more than 8 switches (and more than 10) and with less than 8.

If I had to guess, I would suspect that it's because there are 8 bits in a byte but that's pure speculation.

We might say that after Napoleon introduced the decimal system, we could nowadays use it as reference for fractal scenes too... :wink:

In AXE FX3 there are too many strange limitations, probably derived by previous FAS systems, IMHO not justified now by memory, CPU,
but simply will/time/human resources to do this development.

I know this means an "annoying" development mainly in updating the User Interface and the editor with 2 more scenes,
but I don't really think is a real technical issue.

Several foot pedals and effects works with "banks" and "presets" where bank is the first digit and preset the second, or, using Fractals semantics (avoiding gaps), first digit is Preset and second one scene.

Anyway OK for 12, 16, 32, 256 scenes in a Preset, but at least 10 ! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom