10.6 volume issue ?

Gregmang

Fractal Fanatic
Hi Folks - Pretty much jumped in the air when I saw Cliff had released 10.6 - having my Rectos's sound like my real Triple AND having the 5153 roar again AND inclusion of the v9 cabs. WOO HOO !!

So I installed it via Fractalbot, shutdown when prompted and powered up after 10 seconds or so. Started a new preset with one of the Red Rectos, added a v9 cab and I was off and running. Odd that the volume at first was so quiet in comparison to other presets...cranked up amp volume. Now it was louder but sounded like there was an over eager gate and the volume was fluctuating at will. Tried the new 5153. Same thing - really quest at first and then with volume turned up volume fluctuations.

So I figured the load didn't take correctly. Fractalbot time again. Loaded up FW - exact same off volume fluctuation.

Tried a third time with midi-ox. Same problem :(

Any one else experienced this ?

What I noticed is that you have to select the cab for it to actually route the signal through the cab. It's like it is in bypass through mode until you select it. Once you save the patch, no problemo. It'll load right every time. Freaked me out at first too. Turn your amp down before you do that, btw.

I had a problem with the user cabs. Every preset I had with User cabs, had a huge midrange bump, which caused overall volumes to be hot as well. ad soon as I highlighted the cab ( from the Front Panel ) and hit the "Edit" button, the sound went back to normal. after re-saving the presets, they behaved fine.

There are a CRAPLOAD of new cabs in the new firmware ! Nice !

I found when going through my presets that there is like a low cut going on the minute I go to the cab block and push edit the bass comes back. Maybe it is a mid boost. So Just saving the preset fixes it?

Yes, there seems to be an issue with user cabs. Just reselect the correct cab.

Or, if you're using global cab blocks, reload the correct global instance to create a link again, in each preset.

Yes, I had that issue with user cabs in the X-slot too. It's not a placebo, it's been well audible. Big change once you hit edit there.

And the user cabs in the Y-slot changed to a different cab. I guess the new factory cabs shifted everything, so that we'd have to increase the user cabs number by the number of new factory cabs, only in the Y-slot.

Ok, no wonder I was EQing my Plexi patch! I thought I was losing my mind to have it sound so bad.

I had the same thing with the user cabs. My recto patch sounded really bad until I selected the cab block to edit then the cab turned back on?

Guys - I think I am confused (this happens all too often).

I should go to the cab block on the FP and click edit and it should sound normal at that point ? Haven't had any luck. Still the same volume fluctuations.

Guys - I think I am confused (this happens all too often).

I should go to the cab block on the FP and click edit and it should sound normal at that point ? Haven't had any luck. Still the same volume fluctuations.

I remeber that I had volume issues a long time ago. That was when I forgot about the noise gate because it is not visible in the grid. My threshold was set wrong and because of a low ratio the gate did not cut the sound but only lowered the signal, so I didn't see what was wrong at first and it took a while to find and fix it.

These settings should not change when you update, but you might have listened more closely after the update. I guess we all do that, so older issues could come up just after an update.

Have you checked if the settings for the noise gate are ok?

The problem I had wasn't just volume problems... they were problems caused by something going on with the cab block adding mids...

I was able to correct it by hitting "Layout" on the front panel, scrolling over to the cab block, and as soon as I hit the "Edit" button on the front panel, sound went back to normal. I saved the presets, and did not have a problem since.

I had the same issue, only on USER cabs though. Factory cabs were fine. I just went up one cab the back down and saved the preset and it went away.

Back
Top Bottom