• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

1 expression multi effects

codyraptor

Inspired
Question #1: I have over 40 presets for a cover band. I want to knock this down to 1 or 2 'sounds' that will cover the set. However, I only have one expression pedal and I use it on a way as well as delay controls.

Is there a way for the wah and delay controls to be used at the same time. Currently..I'm setting the bypass on the wah to a switch in order to disengage it when I don't want to use it. However, I don't want to disengage my delay or cause swells when I want to use my wah.

Question #2: I want to save CPU and use XY for the delay. X delay would be a simple delay when expression controlling the mix. Y delay would be used for larger ambient delays with long trails and higher mix. Is this possible in one delay block?

Thanks!!

1. Put the 'Delay' block in a parallel path with a 100% mix and set the 'typical' delay level with the 'Input Gain' parameter
  2. Put a 'Vol/Pan' (or 'Filter') block after it and return it's output to the main path. Bypass set to thru
  3. Attach the same 'Wah' expression pedal to the 'Level' parameter in the 'Vol/Pan' (or 'Filter') block. The 'Level' parameter will allow for '+' dB settings if needed
  4. Set the min and max settings as needed for the delay levels in the modifier edit window.
  5. Attach the same 'Wah' on-off controller to the 'Vol/Pan' (or 'Filter') block bypass, but invert the on and off settings so that it is on when the 'Wah' is off.
  6. Now use the 'Vol/Pan' (or 'Filter') block to control the delay levels when the 'Wah' is off. When the 'Wah' is switched on, the 'Vol/Pan' (or 'filter') block is bypassed, leaving the delay level fixed at the 'typical' delay level set with the 'Input Gain' parameter from step #1
As for the second question....X and Y states share any an all controller assignments. But this might not be an issue if the Y state is also set to a 'Typical' level as in step #1 for when the 'Wah' is engaged (and the 'Vol/Pan' (or 'Filter') block is bypassed)???

I think that it would be easier to do that to explain.......:confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom