FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone having problems with running CabLab with this beta? No sound at all in CabLab when in the "SW Live" audition mode. I had no issues when using it with FW 7.
Same Problem here in sw mode! Tested also with my AxeFX and all good with sw mode in CabLab!
Seems to be a bug!

My method of checking the FM3's I/O is to setup input to output, then record that to a DAW to zoom in and examine the waveform for clipping or limiting.

In my case with passive Duncan JB's in the bridge, setup pretty close to the strings on multiple Les Paul's, I needed to set it to -18 to avoid clipping or limiting.

This is from day one with the FM3, FW 4.x or so through the latest beta, no changes.

Last edited:
After spending a week now with my FM3, I gotta say, this update is huge.

I've ripped apart my entire presets, scenes and effects layouts, top to bottom, saved, re-saved, exported, backed up, moved presets around, and been editing solidly for the past few days pulling the FM3 in pretty much all directions.

The whole unit now seems way more rock solid to me, gapless is just amazing, but overall, the whole FM3 "feels" faster, and sounds (if this is possible) better than ever.

Being able to fully explore one amp fully in each preset, is just super indulgent.

One minute an ENGL, the next, a Harmoniser 5th patch, then 4 channels of Plexi with different gains, EQ's, cabs, then straight into some Fender cleans, then ambient plex delay tones All totally seemless. All sounding better than ever.

Using one empty preset on the FC-6 to link to other presets, gives me 24 presets all laid out as I want them.
It's no longer one kitchen sink preset, the whole FM3 is more like it.

I just put a hold switch in each preset to take me back to my main master preset. linking the presets all together.
Total flexibility, and 100% more options than ever before.
It means I can navigate totally on the FC-6, and because of the gapless It's just utterly gorgeous.

Great job Fractal, thank you!

After spending a week now with my FM3, I gotta say, this update is huge.

I've ripped apart my entire presets, scenes and effects layouts, top to bottom, saved, re-saved, exported, backed up, moved presets around, and been editing solidly for the past few days pulling the FM3 in pretty much all directions.

The whole unit now seems way more rock solid to me, gapless is just amazing, but overall, the whole FM3 "feels" faster, and sounds (if this is possible) better than ever.

Being able to fully explore one amp fully in each preset, is just super indulgent.

One minute an ENGL, the next, a Harmoniser 5th patch, then 4 channels of Plexi with different gains, EQ's, cabs, then straight into some Fender cleans, then ambient plex delay tones All totally seemless. All sounding better than ever.

Using one empty preset on the FC-6 to link to other presets, gives me 24 presets all laid out as I want them.
It's no longer one kitchen sink preset, the whole FM3 is more like it.

I just put a hold switch in each preset to take me back to my main master preset. linking the presets all together.
Total flexibility, and 100% more options than ever before.
It means I can navigate totally on the FC-6, and because of the gapless It's just utterly gorgeous.

Great job Fractal, thank you!
that's how we moved from 1-preset guitarist to 24-preset guitarist :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

My method of checking the FM3's I/O is to setup input to output
Direct input via USB, not input2output on the grid, right? Because we know that the latter adds 18dB and only direct signal via USB should be used for such type of check.

Just tried a bunch of presets and plugged some of the new amps in (stealth etc) and everything sounds amazing with this cignus x-3! The effects sound that much better also. I could play this firmware version forever, great job Fractal Audio for releasing the unicorn that is a digital product that sounds as good or better than the analog gear it emulates.

Direct input via USB, not input2output on the grid, right? Because we know that the latter adds 18dB and only direct signal via USB should be used for such type of check.
No, as long as you avoid clipping in the DAW and it's interface, you can still see any clipping or limiting coming from the Axe. I personally used the Out 1 analog outs on my FM3, as that's how I record it and use it live.

Last edited:
Is there a way to remove dynacabs? I don’t use them so all they’re doing is making the unit take longer to boot up.
No, but it's a feature request to be able to selectively bypass the Dynacabs loading and decompression for those not using them, and who require a quicker emergency boot time (for recovering from a crash during live performance).

Personally I see Dynacabs as valuable during studio work or sound design, but not necessary for live performance.

Are Splawn amps being slept on?!
If you like overdriven plexi or 800, try Spawn Q-Rod 0D2-1
I roll off bass and add a bit of mids. Klon in front with zero on the drive knob. But tweak to your liking.
Been a minute since I played with one and you're right this is a great combo! I tend to forgot to try a Klon with high gain amps. thank you 916adafj17639 🤣

Are Splawn amps being slept on?!
If you like overdriven plexi or 800, try Spawn Q-Rod 0D2-1
I roll off bass and add a bit of mids. Klon in front with zero on the drive knob. But tweak to your liking.
Actually I should add I am a fan of single coils and that's all I like to use into modded marshalls.
But I'd think that Spawn model should sound good with HBs too..

Something weird is going on with mine. I'm hearing the direct sound along with the normal preset tone. Everything was normal before I tried firmware 8. What did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom