Fremen Quantum 2.0 presets

Hi, if there's multiple instance of the presets is probably a bug of "AxeFxCabList.exe", the tool I used to list the presets featuring each IR. Or, maybe the same IR is used in two different cab blocks, or twice in the same stereo cab block. I can't check right now, my gear is at the rehearsal room

Hi Fremen,

Sorry if these are such noob questions:
  1. For the captured IR's i.e.U3 and U8, is it included in the Fremen Presets?
  2. Does it get loaded automatically?
  3. If not, how do I load it?
  4. Since there are quite a number of commercial IR's the cost will be quite substantial if I get it everything. Is there a way to test out the IR's first before deciding to buy what suits me.
  5. Are the commercial IR's worth it?
Thanks!

Last edited:
1) U3 is free IR but U8 is not
2) no
3) Drag and drop into Axe-Edit/Cab manage and hit save, or send it with Fractal bot
4) No but I recommend only two commercial packages to cover most sounds over the free IRs : FAS cab pack 7, and Ownhammer Marshall 2x12 multispeaker
5) For me yes but experimenting is part of the fun for me. See, I wrote a sentence like "Sir yes sir" ! :p

1) U3 is free IR but U8 is not
2) no
3) Drag and drop into Axe-Edit/Cab manage and hit save, or send it with Fractal bot
4) No but I recommend only two commercial packages to cover most sounds over the free IRs : FAS cab pack 7, and Ownhammer Marshall 2x12 multispeaker
5) For me yes but experimenting is part of the fun for me. See, I wrote a sentence like "Sir yes sir" ! :p

Thanks Fremen!

Hi Fremen,

I would like to clarify some inconsistencies with the excel file I have that came along with my Fremen Pro presets:

Recipes: I've stumbled across some recipes that are either missing in the recipe list (I have loaded the free IRs and marked them in the excel sheet. I assumed that the remaining User Cab slots are for the ones with recipes) or incomplete (without any specific IR mentioned). Some of these that I came across are:

U23, U55, U56, U57 (old recipe. may I request for the updated one)

For example: U55(OH 412 MAR-CB LYN-BK MIX). does not have a recipe, is not present in the FREE stuff folder, and the 412 Mar CB folder from Ownhammer does not have any "LYN" in any of the files.

Patch numbers: I randomly checked about three patches with the presets using the Cab IR's, I noticed that it's always -1 of the preset number listed. Is it the actual case or are there any exceptions with this mismatched preset numbers.

Hope I you could shed some light on this.

Thanks again for the amazing presets! I love my AxeFx 2 more because of it. You are absolutely right on the Cab IR's. It really does make a big difference.

I don't have a recipe for U23, but it's just a SM57/R121 mix, just use the one you like more

I don't have exact recipes for a few other cabs either but you can use the alternate suggestions for those, or your own favorite custom mix from that cab. I almost always use SM57+R121. I think I have recipes for 95% of the cabs I use

Patch numbers : I use display offset 1, you probably use standard display offset

13435542_10153481506977245_1394752508589440087_n.jpg

I just finished working on these presets, to expand my 5 scenes collection. Yes, with careful settings, it's possible to ave a perfectly clean sound even with a Recto or a IIC++ :) I forced myself to use only stock IRs. I only have XL+ version for now, but will convert to AX8 this week-end. Al's Fractool is very helpful for that, however there's still some issues with compressor and Para EQ blocks settings after a conversion so I'll need to edit them one by one. After that, I'll borrow my old Axe-Fx II MKI to work on the MKI version. I'll release all three versions (AX8, MKI, XL/XL+) in the same package, probably for 18 $. Next, I'll work on an expanded acoustic simulation pack for various guitars : Strat, Les Paul, Telecaster, Ibanez...

13435542_10153481506977245_1394752508589440087_n.jpg

I just finished working on these presets, to expand my 5 scenes collection. Yes, with careful settings, it's possible to ave a perfectly clean sound even with a Recto or a IIC++ :) I forced myself to use only stock IRs. I only have XL+ version for now, but will convert to AX8 this week-end. Al's Fractool is very helpful for that, however there's still some issues with compressor and Para EQ blocks settings after a conversion so I'll need to edit them one by one. After that, I'll borrow my old Axe-Fx II MKI to work on the MKI version. I'll release all three versions (AX8, MKI, XL/XL+) in the same package, probably for 18 $. Next, I'll work on an expanded acoustic simulation pack for various guitars : Strat, Les Paul, Telecaster, Ibanez...

I have 18$ just waiting to have a new home :).

Are these new presets on v3.03 ?

Said it before, I'll say it again, Fremen you da man.....

Hi Fremen,

I thought that you had said that the original $30 set will be expanded and added to over the next six months (or for so many upcoming firmware revisions). Is this new set the additions you were talking about or are they an entirely new purchase? Will there be any updates or additions to the original set?

Thanks ...

Hello, I already added new presets to the existing pack, and updated some presets (like the Pink Floyd ones) many times. The updates I promised are mainly for eventual changes to the amp modeling that would have altered the existing presets, and in fact I had to update the BE/HBE models too. I'll continue on posting updates for that 30 $ pack if needed - in fact I'll put some Mesa presets in the Dropbox soon

However, this is another pack (made with firmware 3.03), I put a lot of work on it so I'll sell it separately.

XL+ and AX8 versions are ready, on Monday I'm borrowing the MKI to check the MKI versions. If all is OK, I'll release them Monday, or Tuesday, as I want to do a short video too

Looking forward to the release. I've gotten tons of mileage out the of first presets you released.

I invested in some commercial IRs to support the earlier presets. I know that you focused on using the stock IRs for this batch but, if not too much trouble, can you provide some references to your user IRs in this release? If users have the correct IRs, it might be nice to know good matches without needing to do too much guessing/experimenting.

Back
Top Bottom