Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Public Beta

And yes, Cliff has fixed the Drive block Mix (thks!!)

Wow - sounds pretty darn good from a short audition.

Adam do I have to reset EVERY amp or is there a global way of resetting?

There's no way to do it globally. It is pretty straightforward though. If you go to an old preset you made with 6.02 or earlier and it sounds funky and weird just change the Amp Type to a new value and then back to the old one.

I'm seriously dying here. I have my first real gig this Saturday and it's solo acoustic (with vocalist) and I'm too OCD to practice anything but what I'm going to perform during the gig. As soon as I get back from the gig (5 hour drive), I will be breaking out the 7.0 for sure. I also just got a Matrix GT1000 to use with my Mesa 4x12, so sonic punishment will commence Saturday night! Really looking forward to the new amp models, improved dynamics/etc., and the new reverb block.

There's no way to do it globally. It is pretty straightforward though. If you go to an old preset you made with 6.02 or earlier and it sounds funky and weird just change the Amp Type to a new value and then back to the old one.

Yeah, there is no way I am changing every preset like that. If it sounds really off, I do that. If it sounds a little different, I just make a few tweaks.

I have only just received my 2 in the mail a few days ago, and still blown away by 6.02. Just me, but I am nervous about beta stuff and don't have a back up Axe ;) I am new to this, and will probably wait until all of this forum's experts iron things out (if there is any ironing). Thank you very much for the update, and I will def download when official 7 is released.

I am so happy to be involved in this technical revolution. Thank you Cliff (et al) for such an amazing product.

JD

Some amp types will sound more different than others but in general it probably won't sound the same as 6.02 with the same settings. We generally advise resetting the amp params and starting from scratch because then you're starting from the new "correct" settings for each amp rather than whatever tweaks you may have made in a previous firmware.
Adam, is this also true for Factory Presets installed for 6.xx ( released April 24)? Should the amps be reset for each of one those as well or will there be a new release of Factory Presets? I guess after you reset the amp, you should save it with the new parameters in place if you want to update the factory presets to "correct" values.

Adam, is this also true for Factory Presets installed for 6.xx ( released April 24)? Should the amps be reset for each of one those as well or will there be a new release of Factory Presets? I guess after you reset the amp, you should save it with the new parameters in place if you want to update the factory presets to "correct" values.

We are working on revising the presets for 7.0. So if you'd prefer to just wait we will put those up when they are finished.

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but is there way to simulate the voice knob on the new zendrive drive model? THANKS! Loving the new changes thus far!

We are working on revising the presets for 7.0. So if you'd prefer to just wait we will put those up when they are finished.

Aarrgghhhhh.

I just finished reviewing the 6.0 presets! Took me days!

Well. Back to the old drawingboard...

Just a quick thanks to Cliff and the team. I'm really enjoying the variety of the new amps. I'm a Marshall kinda guy and have usually ended up with some variant of the HBE. Not only does the new HBE sound better but the Marshall Super is really grabbing me as well.

I spent another two hours on the Dirty Shirley, Badger and D13. Nice! Tonight I have dates with the VH5 and Spawn.

Really excited to try this, but I have some gigs so I can't risk it. Looking forward to the final version

Thanks Cliff for all the hard work, and thanks for giving the people what they asked for.

After the scars that I got from the 5.04b, I think I'll wait patiently for the official release. Although with all the wonderful things that I am hearing, it gets harder every hour to resist.

After the scars that I got from the 5.04b, I think I'll wait patiently for the official release. Although with all the wonderful things that I am hearing, it gets harder every hour to resist.
You can still backup your current presets and make sure you have your older firmware in safe place. Then update the Axe-fx with the lastest firmware just to try..

You can still backup your current presets and make sure you have your older firmware in safe place. Then update the Axe-fx with the lastest firmware just to try..
Don't forget to backup the system file too.
I'm gigging in 5 hours, but I'm gonna do exactly what you said. If it's too much work/time, I'll just load my 5.0 show back into the box.

Back
Top Bottom