Unique guitars

fcs101

Axe-Master
I thought it'd be interesting to post info on unique guitars out there. Doesn't have to be something you own or have owned, just something you know of that maybe others aren't aware of.

Here's the Daion Headhunter 555 from the 1980s. This was a made-in-Japan (MIJ) semi-hollow construction guitar designed to compete with the 335. I had a burgundy finish come available locally recently. I passed on it, because I don't need any more semi-hollow guitars, but it's definitely tipping the "cool" scale. The controls are just like the 335, except it has two mini-toggle switches for coil splitting.

original.jpg

Vigier guitars. No truss rod. Legendary resistance to climate changes due to unusual neck consecution. No knife edges on trems. Even for their Floyds they remove the knife edges and replace them with (ball or needle, I can't remember) bearings to avoid wear over time. They have the Nautilus II system, allowing one to switch pickups via MIDI, controlled with Bluetooth. They have proprietary string trees which not only guide the string as normal, but move up and down with it to avoid binding. They install pickups to pivot three ways for greater fine tuning of position. God knows what I'm forgetting.

I would think a plexiglass guitar would be heavy. Ha, @marsonic literally just posted about the weight!
Not as heavy as you would think. It was smallish and very sculptured. One one my favorite body shapes ever. They did make wood guitars with the same design, but I never found a deal good enought to grab one.

Dunno if it's worth a jillion-brazilian dollars but the Gittler is pretty neat and Cyberdyne T808-ish:
https://gittlerinstruments.com/
Yes, I had forgotten about Gittler. I found them when researching synth-capable guitars. I agree that $7,500 bucks is pretty steep for that though. Also, it looks like it doesn't have a fretboard and only a tube for the neck, which would be really awkward I would think. There's no way I'd buy one w/o being able to try it.
Gittler-001-Facebook-Image.jpg

Did you see the T2 model though? That's pretty cool for $1,500.
iu

Last edited:
Yes, I had forgotten about Gittler. I found them when researching synth-capable guitars. I agree that $7,500 bucks is pretty steep for that though. Also, it looks like it doesn't have a fretboard and only a tube for the neck, which would be really awkward I would think. There's no way I'd buy one w/o being able to try it.

FRont.jpg
Yeah, reasonable.

Aluminum instead of titanium though, wonder how that affects tones and stability.

Interesting stuff overall.

FRont.jpg
There's a forum member who has a Gittler... Can't recall who it was, though.

I used to have a Casio DG-10. Built-in 6-voice polyphonic synth. Perfect tracking, because there were individual sensors at each fret position. Built-in drum machine, too. Feed the audio to your favorite FRFR anything, or use the built-in speaker. Battery-powered, too.

It cost me $40 brand-new on clearance. For a little bit more, I could have gotten the DG-20, complete with MIDI interface.

2c7dcl1x0kn21.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have a Casio DG-10. Built-in 6-voice polyphonic synth. Perfect tracking, because there were individual sensors at each fret position. Built-in drum machine, too. Feed the audio to your favorite FRFR anything, or use the built-in speaker. Battery=powered, too.

It cost me $40 brand-new on clearance. For a little bit more, I could have gotten the DG-20, complete with MIDI interface.

2c7dcl1x0kn21.jpg

What is the awesome looking amp on the floor behind it?

Back
Top Bottom