Wish Wish List: New Amps

You already pretty much have it with Fender Blackface and Tweed models. IRs of the Imperial cab? Those could be nice.
I use a Blackface for the rhythm on my Imperial preset, but the lead channel is not covered well by the tweed. I need to dig into some of the other tonestacks to see if I can find something closer.

I have the schematic and offered the use of my Imperial Mk II a long time ago but never got a nibble.

I use a Blackface for the rhythm on my Imperial preset, but the lead channel is not covered well by the tweed. I need to dig into some of the other tonestacks to see if I can find something closer.

I have the schematic and offered the use of my Imperial Mk II a long time ago but never got a nibble.
I thought that amp was kind of a Vox/ Fender hybrid w 6v6s?

You already pretty much have it with Fender Blackface and Tweed models. IRs of the Imperial cab? Those could be nice.

Respectfully, I really like that amp, and would prefer the excellence of the full Fractal modeling experience rather than cobbling together/approximating it myself.

Respectfully, I really like that amp, and would prefer the excellence of the full Fractal modeling experience rather than cobbling together/approximating it myself.
Just curious. What do you think will sound closer to the amp, using blackface deluxe (or whatever the imperial is basically a clone of) WITH IR’s of the imperial combo/speaker. OR, getting the Imperial as an amp model, WITHOUT any IR’s of the custom speaker they use?

All we are saying is in reality. The first option would actually sound closer than the second to what you would expect.

Just curious. What do you think will sound closer to the amp, using blackface deluxe (or whatever the imperial is basically a clone of) WITH IR’s of the imperial combo/speaker. OR, getting the Imperial as an amp model, WITHOUT any IR’s of the custom speaker they use?

All we are saying is in reality. The first option would actually sound closer than the second to what you would expect.
Why not both the Imperial as an amp model AND impulse responses of the custom speaker they use?

Honestly, why not?

There is also a lead channel.

custom speaker "label / sticker" they use?
After watching for (just a few years), I don't see the programming effort that is put into new amp models ...given much priority if the solution already exists.

Shooting an IR (or purchasing a bundle for $15 ish bucks) and using existing models is the obvious answer

Much of the Fractal universe is deliberately designed for us to find with our ears ...and with some really great tone and feel hidden as Easter eggs in the programming.

If they gave it all away from the start, we wouldn't learn anything, and most of us would be overwhelmed with option paralysis.

After watching for (just a few years), I don't see the programming effort that is put into new amp models ...given much priority if the solution already exists.

Shooting an IR (or purchasing a bundle for $15 ish bucks) and using existing models is the obvious answer

Much of the Fractal universe is deliberately designed for us to find with our ears ...and with some really great tone and feel hidden as Easter eggs in the programming.

If they gave it all away from the start, we wouldn't learn anything, and most of us would be overwhelmed with option paralysis.
Actually, the Fractal universe is defined by having the most accurate amp modeling on the market, which I agree with.

And I would really like the Imperial (both channels, remember) given that treatment and available on my device. Hence posting in this thread.

Consider that the plethora of Marshall variations (and boutique offshoots) over the years has made Fractal devices a candy store for this type of amp. This is a good thing, and I doubt I'll find any obstructive posts from the "just use your ears"/shoot down requests/just find IRs crowd on that.

Why come into a wish thread to demean requests?

Actually, the Fractal universe is defined by having the most accurate amp modeling on the market, which I agree with.

And I would really like the Imperial (both channels, remember) given that treatment and available on my device. Hence posting in this thread.

Consider that the plethora of Marshall variations (and boutique offshoots) over the years has made Fractal devices a candy store for this type of amp. This is a good thing, and I doubt I'll find any obstructive posts from the "just use your ears"/shoot down requests/just find IRs crowd on that.

I'm not demeaning your request, just mentioning my observation. I hope you find your perfect tone in the box, if not perhaps they will program one to fill that request.

I'm just half-ass following this conversation but Neural DSP website has a Tone King Imperial MkII standalone that you can test run for 30 days. Download it, play everything you want to after hitting record on Reaper (check local listings) then go back and see if you can come close with existing stuff you have. The full standalone is only 99 Euros, I bought it and the SLO, Rabea and Petrucci just for the hell of it. Not bad but everyday I still come back to my Turbo...

Gotta reiterate the desire for:

-Fryette Ultra Lead
-Marshall Valvestate 8100
-Randall Satan or Thrasher
-Diezel Herbert Channel 1 (any version, but II or IIi would be preferred)
-Dr. Z CAZ 45

And in a bit of a twist on what is already there:

-Take the USA Pre and maybe some of the other preamps and pair them with other power sections.

Would love to have Cliff bring back the USA Pre models with the VHT 2/50/2 or paired with the power amp of the Bass 400. Going with the Herbert poweramp would be awesome too.

-More FAS Models. Flex on the tube rubes and show what can be done in digital that’s either super hard or impossible IRL. @FractalAudio We know you gigged with a Triaxis for a long time. Give us your perfected or idealized Triaxis tones.

Back
Top Bottom