Wish Need More metal circuit models like Hermansson, DAR, Fortin, VHT Pitbull, Randall Satan etc...

Can we at least just get a model of the DAR FBM? I know the entire story was the greatest amplifier story on earth with a real sketchbag as the engineer, but nevertheless, the FBM 100 on it's own deserves it's own block if anything.
And I bet anybody any unlimited amount of money that that is a hard fact any time. It's basically what the definitive answer of British voiced pure as hell high gain cyber metal distortion that's just beyond tight and brutal. But can also be voiced to American chuggy tones that are also beyond tight.

In fact it's so good, it even makes even the cheap Chinese made crappy GT75 speakers in the first clip sound unreal.

Dude, I'd take a 5150 or one of the FAS hi gains and just tonematch to the videos, and you're totally done. I like the tone of that first video, but I think that's all about the IR! The amp sounds awesome to me, but absolutely similar to any number of high gain amps. Hell, take a Soldano with a pedal...You could be playing with that tone in fifteen minutes. The hardest part would be learning that guy's riffs for the tonematch.

Can we at least just get a model of the DAR FBM? I know the entire story was the greatest amplifier story on earth with a real sketchbag as the engineer, but nevertheless, the FBM 100 on it's own deserves it's own block if anything.
And I bet anybody any unlimited amount of money that that is a hard fact any time. It's basically what the definitive answer of British voiced pure as hell high gain cyber metal distortion that's just beyond tight and brutal. But can also be voiced to American chuggy tones that are also beyond tight.

In fact it's so good, it even makes even the cheap Chinese made crappy GT75 speakers in the first clip sound unreal.

Ever play through one? I have, it’s nothing all that special. It wasn’t so much that the guy was a sketchbag, but they were using a design that was a pain in the ass to make happen in a production amp. They tried numerous times to get it off the ground but didn’t work and they eventually folded. I can’t remember if people lost money over it or not. There was nothing in that amp you couldn’t get with a boosted Dual Rec and at most, an EQ cut in the lower mids.

Cliff needs the amp and the schematic to make a model happen. With very few amps in the wild and most likely no schematic, don’t hold your breath. But you can load up a boosted Dual Rec and get there in seconds.

That sounds absolutely nothing like a recto. It's clearly British voiced and more like a VHT pitbull CL with heavy tone shaping before the input but with versatile parallel low passing of the clean while altering frequencies to the gains available.
That was what the FBM could to which no other amp could do and to be able to modulate any of the parameters via midi. (They were other people's ideas that went into it not just the creators). But I will try some of the Fredrick models and do a tone match of some of these clips and see what I can come up with. I just don't like doing youtube-quality tone matches which may compromise what the tone match can be but it's all I have.

Last edited:
Ever play through one? I have, it’s nothing all that special. It wasn’t so much that the guy was a sketchbag, but they were using a design that was a pain in the ass to make happen in a production amp. They tried numerous times to get it off the ground but didn’t work and they eventually folded. I can’t remember if people lost money over it or not. There was nothing in that amp you couldn’t get with a boosted Dual Rec and at most, an EQ cut in the lower mids.

I don't know how you hear a rec in that. You can't tell that's a British voicing? And the type of gain is a different cut.
But yes many people including myself lost our deposits and some in full and the guy never gave back the deposits and the main investor Sam Whitty who is the most amazing soul you can talk to lost tens of thousands without answers and him and Fredrick (who the amp was based on) never got their amps at least whereas some random stooges close to the guy did. Can you imagine? Not even the guy from Meshuggah gets his signature amp nor eve the main investor whereas some random bozos that can't even play or write do. About 20 of them went out and not one to the people who should have received them first. This is rotten to the core.
And by the way a MAJOR class action lawsuit is pending. What the guy did was criminal. You can see the entire history on the DAR amplification Facebook page for the entire greasy stuff that the guy pulled on the people that gave him money. And he never really did go bankrupt it was all a scam based on the guy not wanting to release the schematic because of Sams just mere suggestion to want take to Eventide to mass produce. But it was just a proposal to Mike which made the guy start hiding like a chicken instead of being straightforward with everybody and just saying , "no I can't make them all myself with the workload, here is your money back" . It's as simple as that but the guy wouldn't come clean. And he will pay the price.

Last edited:
I don't know how you hear a rec in that. You can't tell that's a British voicing? And the type of gain is a different cut.
But yes many people including myself lost our deposits and some in full and the guy never gave back the deposits and the main investor Sam Whitty who is the most amazing soul you can talk to lost tens of thousands without answers and him and Fredrick (who the amp was based on) never got their amps at least whereas some random stooges close to the guy did. Can you imagine? Not even the guy from Meshuggah gets his signature amp nor eve the main investor whereas some random bozos that can't even play or write do. About 20 of them went out and not one to the people who should have received them first. This is rotten to the core.
And by the way a MAJOR class action lawsuit is pending. What the guy did was criminal. You can see the entire history on the DAR amplification Facebook page for the entire greasy stuff that the guy pulled on the people that gave him money. And he never really did go bankrupt it was all a scam based on the guy not wanting to release the schematic because of Sams just mere suggestion to want take to Eventide to mass produce. But it was just a proposal to Mike which made the guy start hiding like a chicken instead of being straightforward with everybody and just saying , "no I can't make them all myself with the workload, here is your money back" . It's as simple as that but the guy wouldn't come clean. And he will pay the price.

Because I played it, in person, 2 feet from my leg and didn’t just hear clips of it on the internet. That was Fredrick’s LACS 7-string I was playing through it, not sure I could get closer to what he/DAR was going for than to try the amp with that guitar. I played it a lot longer than that video, I hung out there quite a bit that weekend and played it quite a bit.

The FAS Modern III is pretty damn spot on with that amp as well.

Because I played it, in person, 2 feet from my leg and didn’t just hear clips of it on the internet. That was Fredrick’s LACS 7-string I was playing through it, not sure I could get closer to what he/DAR was going for than to try the amp with that guitar. I played it a lot longer than that video, I hung out there quite a bit that weekend and played it quite a bit.

The FAS Modern III is pretty damn spot on with that amp as well.
You don’t get it, man. More amps = more Top Secret presets that need to be pin-locked and can’t be posted ever, even if they may help reveal some sort of bug.

/s, just in case

I totally agree with RevDrucifer on the FAS Modern III. I would definitely try the FAS Modern III with Factory 2 #980 and #981. I changed the SIC to 4x12 Euro and turned the Sat switch on to Ideal. I am using a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 with EMGS 707s. My preset uses EQ blocks to help correct the curve of my headphones.

While my setup is very different than the video you posted, the tone I got was immediately in the ballpark. So, that might be a good place to start and just dial it in with your setup.

Edit: Also try Factory 2 #1002. I changed the SIC in the amp block to USA Lead. I think that may be closer. I don't really have time to fine tune it, but that should be pretty close. It is on my setup, at least.

Last edited:
There are also pletora of edge of breakup/mid-gain amps, but you added another one recently... sorry ;)

2kqap5.jpg

You don’t get it, man. More amps = more Top Secret presets that need to be pin-locked and can’t be posted ever, even if they may help reveal some sort of bug.

/s, just in case

I guess someone doesn't understand the difference between troubleshooting one block vs
being able to pin lock an entire preset grid for matching someone else's own genre-specific signature effects chain they like to keep hidden. 🤡

And sure no problem, I can send you a preset in the future with any amp block that gives me trouble. The preset will also have a cab block on the grid. 😂

There are a plethora of high-gain amps in the Axe-Fx. If you can't get the sound you are looking for the problem lies with you.
One is currently not able to low pass a parallel clean in the amp block right now based on adjustment of the cutoff point of the input eq section of the amp block. Unless I am mistaken about that. But from my understanding this seems to be the case.

But if that were the case and we could do that it would be nice to have other filter/eq options within the amp block to further Eq or shape that parallel low passed clean separately within the amp block before the signal is summed.

If you hear the hermansson clip I posted first there is ridiculous amounts of clean bottom coming through. But the ability to control that bottom end and amount of it would be very amazing.

Last edited:
I guess someone doesn't understand the difference between troubleshooting one block vs
being able to pin lock an entire preset grid for matching someone else's own genre-specific signature effects chain they like to keep hidden. 🤡

And sure no problem, I can send you a preset in the future with any amp block that gives me trouble. The preset will also have a cab block on the grid. 😂
I understand the difference. But I also think they're both silly.

I used to think we need more "modern" high gain amp models. Then I started digging into the ones we had and rather than focus on trying to make them sound like any other amp out there, I just tried to make them sound how I want them to sound. I started with the SLO-100, I struggled forever to get along with that model. I finally played with the master volume and found an awesome metal tone in there with the Precision Drive boosting it.

FAS Modern III is a fantastic chunky amp model that when boosted is super unique and fun to play.

If you want a "Fortin" sound, pull up the Atomica Amp model and boost it with the Grinder. Again, play with the Master Volume and Depth knob to find a good "modern" metal tone.

The JCM 800 model is a fantastic amp to build a great metal sound. You just have to look at the Wiki for some suggestions on taming the treble and then boost it with whatever overdrive model you feel works best.

Underlying all of this is the IR you pick, of course. Just experiment with the thousands that are already in there or buy some of the Mesa IRs that are all over the internet. Be grateful for what you have, you will be much happier that way.

Then we should at least have the ability to pin lock our units. That at the very least is a good idea which would bring it up to Microsoft level security.
Please post a sound sample so that we may bask in the glory of your top secret presets!

Are you seriously afraid someone is going to stroll up to your Axe Fx with a laptop and steal your presets?

Just install a locking cover over the power switch!

Last edited:
Please post a sound sample so that we may bask in the glory of your top secret presets!

Are you seriously afraid someone is going to stroll up to your Axe Fx with a laptop steal your presets?

Just install a locking cover over the power switch!

Sorry to have to burst your bubble that that was about a lead preset with a signal chain of effects, not a rhythm guitar preset for a different style of metal. So unfortunately it's completely irrelevant to this posting. Really wish I could help you out but I can't.
Also I cannot modify the unit in case I will want to resell if I get a turbo one.

Back
Top Bottom