• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

The Drive block is being "G3'd" for the next firmware release

I hope this update will include a sort of MIMIC too. It would be great to have the basic controls that behave like the ones on the real pedal, plus the advanced parameters to fine tune.
I think that this is the reason why it's now difficult to make the drive block sound similar to the relative stompboxes

Cool. I like the AxeFX's drives, but I've got a couple of OD pedals I love to use over any drive block the AxeFX comes with. I'm glad to see the drive blocks getting an upgrade.

it's nice to see drives getting love. I dont rely on them a ton, but I do use them in front of high gainers, they always seem to glue the tone together even when dialed in at about 20%

I don't know if Thank You's get very far these days but Steve Vai said it best in his first artist quote "The axe-fx is like christmas every day." A great huge box of tools and toys to make playing guitar that much better. Thanks for updating the drives!

I also think the drives getting G3's is awesome however maybe I am in the minority here but I have no issues with the current iteration.

Let's enjoy the fact that the drives are being perfected. That's what this thread is about.
There's a Wishlist section for other stuff. ;-)

Yes, there's a wish list for other stuff, but it is also true that a better Whammy/Drop pitch was required hundreds of times.
But don't worry, I can wait, nothing problem...For now I'm enjoying my Whammy 5. When will there be a new Fractal Whammy, it will be welcome.

Got Klon?

:lol (I personally don't care, I'm just kind of surprised the superfans haven't seen this thread yet.)

I thought G3 was the tube modeling algorithms. I didn't realize it could be used for drives as well, other than the tube drives obviously. I can't wait till the poltergeist pig preset is fully G3, end to end.

I'm super excited about this! I wish I could send in my Nobels ODR1, Timmy, and Rockett Archer to be added to the list! Then I could sell them and go full on Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom