USB output 5/6 (for dry signal) too quiet

DSebes

Playing through input 1 of my FM9 and recording via USB into Logic Pro, I have channels 1 and 2 set for my amped and effected tone and channels 5 and 6 for the dry signal to reamp later. My problem is that channels 5 and 6 have very low levels and I can't seem to make them louder without also making channels 1 and 2 too loud. I went into the I/0 settings for options but couldn't find any. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Very low levels for what? When you increase it your wet tracks get louder. That means the original level is correct.

Very low levels for what? When you increase it your wet tracks get louder. That means the original level is correct.
Very low volume on what the Fm9 is putting out on channels 5 and 6. It's there, but barely audible when recording into Logic Pro. The wet tracks are plenty loud and the dry tracks are very very quiet.

Very low volume on what the Fm9 is putting out on channels 5 and 6. It's there, but barely audible when recording into Logic Pro. The wet tracks are plenty loud and the dry tracks are very very quiet.

It's not uncommon for people, when first trying re-amping, to be surprised at how low the level of the DI is. As I mentioned above, a correctly recorded DI should have a very low level.

The DI is the true level of your guitar's pickups. If you have lower output pickups or have the Input Gain turned down in the I/O menu, the level will be quite low.

Thank you all for your replies. One thought is that it would be wonderful to be able to independently control channels 1/2 and 5/6. 1/2 gets too loud if I turn up the input gain in the I/O in order to bring up 5/6.

Thank you all for your replies. One thought is that it would be wonderful to be able to independently control channels 1/2 and 5/6. 1/2 gets too loud if I turn up the input gain in the I/O in order to bring up 5/6.
But that’s just it, you don’t need to ever turn up 5/6 because that’s exactly what your guitar sounded like. Your input is your input. Turning it up affects the input going into the grid which results in 1/2.

5/6 is what you played, the level exactly. For reamping, don’t change that level because that won’t be exactly what you played.

If you watch any re-amping tutorial, you'll see the level of the DI should be low. You want it to be equivalent to a guitar, which is has a low level. For example, watch this tutorial:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-re-amping-tutorial.190686/

Also see:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-for-the-recording-musician.177592/
Thank you! I appreciate the links. Yeah, once you add in the new sounds for the dry track, there is no issue with volume.

Back
Top Bottom