Wish Switch per Scene

Switch per scene would have the advantage that the FM3 could also be operated with it.
For example:
Scene 1 (Clean): Switch assignment - Chorus/Delay/Reverb
Scene 2 (Rhythm): Switch assignment - Drive/Flanger/Rotary
Scene 3 (Solo): Switch assignment - Boost/Flanger/Delay

Users of an FC can assign (almost) all effects from the signal chain to a switch. This is not always possible for users of the FM3 and possibly FM9.
More layouts could possibly remedy the situation.

When I think about it again, it should actually be called "switch per scene in the preset". The switch assignment should not be cross-preset. Or should it? Maybe also like with the AX8, that you can select across presets or only for the current preset. But everyone will have their own preferences. It would be nice if it could be realised in some way.

But FAS has to check how to programme it, so I'm out of the loop.
couldnt you use control switches to activate multiple effects at once?

Cant you use a link layout to connect a scene button with going to the effects?
That would be feasible. But in the worst case, you would then occupy 8 scenes!

couldnt you use control switches to activate multiple effects at once?
Sure, something like that is possible. But here is a case study. Perhaps the best way to imagine it is with the FM3, since there are only 3 switches available.

Signal chain:
Drive->Amp->Rotary->Cab->Flanger->Ringmod->Chorus->Delay->Reverb

Switchable effects in ...
Scene 1 Clean: Rotary/Chorus/Reverb
Scene 2 Rhythm: Drive/Flanger/Delay
Scene 3 Special: Drive/Ringmod/Chorus
Scene 4 Solo: Drive/Rotary/Delay

So I need a different switch assignment for each Scene. With the FM3, you would only need 2 layouts with 4 views.
But if I only want to change 1-2 effects in each scene (not in the order), this no longer works, because I will need up to 8 scenes. This would mean that I would no longer have a stene for preset selection, looper controllers etc.

The control switch only works if I want to switch on the delay parallel to the reverb. This does not mean, however, that I want to switch on another effect at the same time.

I currently use 6 scenes in my preset, as I can switch them with the lower row of switches without any problems. I switch delay/reverb using CS. For a song, I need the ring mod, which I also switch on or off in the song. Currently, I have to use a separate preset for one song. :rolleyes:

I am aware that these are luxury problems, but the wish list is finally there to make the devices even better and more flexible. Therefore, I can only express my personal wish here.

Good wish! I added an FC6 to my FM9 board to access effects. I could probably eliminate the FC6 if I had access to the effects used in each scene right after engaging that scene.
Never eliminate an FC! You will find more even more uses for it if "per scene" functionality is created.

Cant you use a link layout to connect a scene button with going to the effects?
That’s what I do. The FC6 is always on the effects layout. I use per preset placeholders if the effects for a preset don’t match the layout.

That’s what I do. The FC6 is always on the effects layout. I use per preset placeholders if the effects for a preset don’t match the layout.
Can you explain how a placeholder works? Getting a little out of my league here lmao

Back
Top Bottom