Wish Spectrum Analyzer in FM9 Edit

SJonesofva

Inspired
I would like to see a spectrum analyzer tool in FM9 Edit, to visually see the frequency activity to assist in EQ setting. I don't know if there is a way to do this or not.

If there is a way to do this now with a different software program running on my PC that can somehow receive the audio from the FM9 via the USB port I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Steve

That would require the RTA block on the FM9... The editor doesn't process audio so it has to be on the hardware.

This exists on the Axe Fx III but not on the FM9 or FM3.

I know it's been wished for FM3...

I would like to see a spectrum analyzer tool in FM9 Edit, to visually see the frequency activity to assist in EQ setting. I don't know if there is a way to do this or not.
I've learned that the processing done that allows Axe-Edit to display a tuner and frequency spectrum is handled in the Fractal unit and not via analysis of audio streaming through the editor.

So, I wonder if given that the introduction of CabLab 4 and DynaCabs becoming a more integral aspect of many users' workflow, if some of the programming that went into that effort might open doors for more tool creation within the editor. I'd love to see virtual test probes that I could point at different points within the chain and apply whatever meter or plugin I have in mind to use.

Last edited:
If there is a way to do this now with a different software program running on my PC that can somehow receive the audio from the FM9 via the USB port I'd love to hear about it.
On Mac most end up using a combination of Loopback for endpoint routing (super common) and Audio Hijack Pro for hosting plugin chains and whatnot (rarer?). Those are available from Rogue Amoeba software. Great software.

It's been awhile since I researched for PC. Short of using specific utilities, getting the audio stream into your DAW and installing meters there would be something to look at. Somebody else may chime in with an alternative to Loopback on the windows side. Let us know if you find something that works for the time being, not having the wished for feature?

Back
Top Bottom