One of the Most Powerful Controls in the Amp Block

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Is the Transformer Match.

- If you want a more "open" sound and feel, turn it down.

- If you want more compressed sound and feel, turn it up.

- A little goes a long way.

- Note that this control has more or less effect depending upon the setting of the Master Volume. Transformer Match has more influence at higher MV values and vice-versa. If you turn TM down, you may want to turn MV up to compensate and vice-versa.

- Turning it way up (around 2.0), for example, simulates the sound of running an 8-ohm speaker on the 4-ohm tap.

Nice hadn't even touched that yet,Nothing like getting tips from the source ;)

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a thread that only Fractal could contribute to that just listed little comments like this every now and then ... other threads could then be created to comment and discuss them ... but one clean thread with nothing but little axe-hits directly from Fractal would be great in my opinion ...

quark said:
Wouldn't it be cool if there were a thread that only Fractal could contribute to that just listed little comments like this every now and then ... other threads could then be created to comment and discuss them ... but one clean thread with nothing but little axe-hits directly from Fractal would be great in my opinion ...

Seriously, I'm gonna have to start read the forums with a pen and paper for note taking! I would LOVE to see ONE THREAD full of Cliff-isms ;)

Zentman, so you turned it UP in the second half of the clip correct?

What amp is that?

I use this control in v5 and v6 a fair bit for most of my presets to either open the amp up or get the right touch of compression; it's one of my main go-to controls. I've found I only had to go a couple of clicks up or down to make enough of a difference since I generally run my Master high.

I'm wondering if this control makes the Dynamics control somewhat redundant now in v6?? At any rate, I love the Transformer Match and consider it an essential tool for my usage with the II.

Back
Top Bottom