Noob..Dialing it in

stratos

Inspired
Just bought the standard on Monday...nice piece.
Really need some good insight getting her "dialed in" for live app.
Tweeked up some good patches at the howse on Tuesday, which I thought would be a good start.
Dropped it into the mix on Wed. night service.
One side going into a Blues Jr., other side, to the desk and back in a wedge.
I couldn't get it even close during the set...spent more time fiddlin' than playing. :oops:
I have grown accustomed to a GNX3, heavily compressed at the input to the GNX3 with a Dynacomp (MXR).
The Axe is so dang responsive in comparison, I scrambled for my dynacomp in between songs, plugging it right into the input trying to "level it out" in a panic...also backed my tone pot on my strat WAY back.
I set up with a ,--CPR--BROWNFACE--2x12CAB--DELAY--RVB
-BROWNFACE-
I had a CPR as 1st choice hitting the grid, set up to squash and sustain. Sounded suitable at home.
The rhythm patch was horrid. A lot of high end punch, no sustain, lost in the mix.
Solo patch was pretty good, little "brittle"...too compressed.
I know...you spent how much time before "dropping it into the mix" ? :lol:
I spent a full day with it...pretty comfy with it. Just assumed it would be a good trial on Wed night....oh well....it will be awhile before it leaves the howse now.
I do have an fairly decent FRFR I am bringing to the platform once I get it real close.
Were covering popular worship material to give you an idea of the general tone(s) I am looking for.
Working with a drummer, bassist, keyboard player...pretty much full mix.
Hoping for suggestions..BTW,I do have RW's "Big Box"to work with when ready.
Looking forward to tinkering again today with the new toy..YEEEHAA!

Ive just been checking out other people's patches. I brought it to the bar this weekend and used Jay Mitchell's patches and CRUSHED the place with hardly any tweaking.

All the patches I started making were pretty bad cranked up, but I am getting the hang of it. A lot of these guys have been using this for years, so I have been figuring out what makes their patches work and applying it to the sounds I like.

hk11 said:
Ive just been checking out other people's patches. I brought it to the bar this weekend and used Jay Mitchell's patches and CRUSHED the place with hardly any tweaking.
Wow. Where'd you get any of my presets? I haven't uploaded any in over a year (3-4 firmware revisions ago), so whatever's out there will be seriously out of date. I'm glad they worked for you, but I think it's more a matter of luck than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom