NO SPACE ON DISK ERROR

Hi all, This error has been here for some time during backup. BOT is saying there is no space on the disk for all stages of backups.

It does the task anyway, but looks as I have attached.

Needs to be addressed.

Attachments

• IMG_2952.jpeg
    IMG_2952.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2953.jpeg
    IMG_2953.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Hi all, This error has been here for some time during backup. BOT is saying there is no space on the disk for all stages of backups.

Needs to be addressed.
I’d try switching the save location to test. I’ve never seen that error. I assume there’s plenty of room where you are saving?

Needs to be addressed.
I’ve never seen that error ever reported by anyone.

Have you confirmed you actually have free disk space?

Needs to be addressed.
We’re going to need more information. The screen shots don’t tell us what path you are attempting to write to.

Edit won’t generate that sort of message by itself, that’s something that your OS would tell Edit and it would then pass it to you.

As others said, check the available space on your backup device.

Also, the files backed up in a backup-session can be archived into a .zip file and the resulting archive is actually smaller than a single backup file. You can save a lot of disk space by archiving the files after each back session.

I see a forward slash in your path, which OS are you using and/or some kind if virtual box? The error message is "no space left on device" and seems to be a linux native message.

Hi all,

It is a 2 TB drive that is almost empty. It is formatted for apple backup. Maybe that is the issue? I don't get this message on the windows machine.
Yeah, I usually don’t try to write to the drive Time Machine is managing. Fwiw, I save to DropBox locations so i can access from multiple places in the house. Let us know if writing elsewhere fixes it?

Greetings! The "Out of Disk Space" error can be quite annoying, especially when making a backup. It appears that you do not have enough disk space left to complete the backup operation, although the process still completes successfully.
To resolve this issue, you may need to free up some disk space. You can start by deleting unnecessary or outdated files or programs, and clearing temporary files and cache. It's also worth checking to see if there are any large files or folders that can be moved to another drive or media.
We’ve not heard back about how or if it was solved, but the formatting of the drive was suspect. Cheers, D

Back
Top Bottom