FM9 My Fractal FM9 "Kitchen Sink" preset for most of my working gigs - with the free preset included.

Mark Wein

Inspired
Hey Mark, this is my first import. I imported it from FAS and I'm not getting any sound. So I figured I'd try the bundle from your website. Upon import (preset/import) it says it's missing the cab. I thought bundles included cabs. No? Or perhaps im importing incorrectly. Any input would be appreciated. Any help is much appreciated!

ANSWER: you have to import the downloaded cab into the Cab Manager (TOOLS/MANAGE CABS/BROWSER/go to cab location on computer & select it). Then drag it to an empty cab slot. Save it and return to your preset. The cab should be installed and sound should be coming out! Hope this helps another newbie!

Last edited:
Hey Mark, this is my first import. I imported it from FAS and I'm not getting any sound. So I figured I'd try the bundle from your website. Upon import (preset/import) it says it's missing the cab. I thought bundles included cabs. No? Or perhaps im importing incorrectly. Any input would be appreciated. Any help is much appreciated!
No problem. grab this cabinet from the exchange and import it: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=687 - my zip file should have it in there as well from my website but this is definitely the cab that I use for pretty much everything. Do you know how to import cabinets?

This video has super annoying music but it shows how to import presets and cabs:

This was so helpful!
I dig the tones, but it also helps me (new to fractal) decide how to EQ my presets for a live gig. Wondering if you use in ears on gigs occasionally? I'll be on ears and am concerned with that fine line between clarity in my ears mix but not being too bright. I'm mostly working up presets on headphones to approximate my ears mix. Anyway thank you!

Back
Top Bottom