Metallica Preset help...

Yes. There was a U67 about 20 feet away from
The cabinet pointed at the middle of the cab essentially. But, a good reverb will help with this. It would be extremely difficult/near impossible to find an IR of that nature that would work, but I guess it’s possible to get something decent to work. and yes the jose style marshall is a big part of the midrange on that album, but for most people who aren’t insane like me about tones, the mark IV/marshall cab/57+421 combo should get them extremely close. Closer than just about anyone else’s “presets” I’ve heard anyways.
I get what you mean, it's just that you said yourself. The Marshall also played a big part in that frequency. It should be added. Personal preference though

Hey guys,

thanks for all the input. I experimented with the preset according to your suggestions (dual amps, cabs, less gain). I have no clue how to insert a room mic, if it's even possible. Your input helped me a lot!
Lets see what my ears say to the modifications the next days.... :rolleyes: but as of now, it sounds better (to me)! Sometimes I doubt my ears..... getting old and deaf I guess...

Enjoy the weekend!

PS: maybe it's more simple to just buy the preset pack from N.K.P. ;)

Anyhow, attached the latest version and thanks again...

Attachments

• Metallica 2024-04-20.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
Hey guys,

thanks for all the input. I experimented with the preset according to your suggestions (dual amps, cabs, less gain). I have no clue how to insert a room mic, if it's even possible. Your input helped me a lot!
Lets see what my ears say to the modifications the next days.... :rolleyes: but as of now, it sounds better (to me)! Sometimes I doubt my ears..... getting old and deaf I guess...

Enjoy the weekend!

This works way better.

Hey guys,

Enjoy the weekend!

I hope you will like it.
When I listen to the isolated tracks and then play with the presets, I can’t tell the difference.

I have done my best, I love Metallica since 30 years . Don’t hesitate to tell me back if you are happy .

They are done with a Hammett demonology with emg bone breakers . But I have tried with some others guitar and it does the job too

I hope you will like it.
When I listen to the isolated tracks and then play with the presets, I can’t tell the difference.

I have done my best, I love Metallica since 30 years . Don’t hesitate to tell me back if you are happy .

They are done with a Hammett demonology with emg bone breakers . But I have tried with some others guitar and it does the job too
Worth every cent :cool:🤘

I especially like the Master Of Puppets preset!

I had to adjust it to my guitar (mostly input gain), but that's expected. Your presets gave me cool ideas for tweaking my own.
So overall really great presets!! Thank you!

...but I guess my tweaking times are not over! Not because of your presets, more like I have to accept that I am wired that way :rolleyes:

Do you have an audio example of the MoP preset? I've been showing working on my own preset for the FM3 but if someone has it figured out already I'm interested.

Do you have an audio example of the MoP preset? I've been showing working on my own preset for the FM3 but if someone has it figured out already I'm interested.
There are others that get real close on my set without EMG (Duncans and Dimarzio)
Rolling down the tone some gets it real close

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9806 <- out of the box I use it for AJFA The Frayed ends of sanity and Dyers eve 🤘

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10257 <- Some tweak with FW25.1 and your done

Cheers 🍻

There are others that get real close on my set without EMG (Duncans and Dimarzio)
Rolling down the tone some gets it real close

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9806 <- out of the box I use it for AJFA The Frayed ends of sanity and Dyers eve 🤘

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=10257 <- Some tweak with FW25.1 and your done

Cheers 🍻
Downloaded and will try these. But I have an FM3 so hopefully I can salvage enough of the presets to be useful. Appreciate the info!

@ My Name is Mud: looking forward to hearing what you have cooked up. =)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom