Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy 1000+ LIVEGOLD TonePack Updated for Cygnus X3 - May 2024 Update!

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Okay - I have put up the updated Axe-Fx III 20.04 LiveGold "Partial Update" with only Banks 1 and 3 in your "My Downloads' Account area on my website. It's now labeled there as "Latest Sept. 2022."

Same for FM9. I also put one in FM3 but that one is exactly the same/identical as June-July for now, until that FM3 firmware catches up with it's big brother and sister.

I'll post some release notes below shortly. Ya'll enjoy. I'm away from my machines until middle of next week. I consider this a bit of a beta before final full release, in case ya'll catch any stuff I missed, post away here and we'll address in final, but I've played them all and they sound great to me!

RELEASE NOTES FOR LIVEGOLD SEPT. 2022 PARTIAL UPDATE (BANKS 1+3), FOR AX3 20.04 FIRMWARE AND FM9 3.00 FIRMWARE:

The FM3 firmware is not updated by Fractal Audio yet with the new speaker impedance curve parameters and new Klon drive. All FM3 users should continue to use the June-July 2022 update (and the older zip file) for firmware 5.03. This is a PARTIAL UPDATE (only two LiveGold banks, not all three) and does not include any update for the FM3.

This zip download file “partial LiveGold update” contains only Bank 1 (Marshall styles) and Bank 3 (modern/metal styles), with separate folders for the Axe-Fx III banks and the FM9 banks.
  • Bank 2 is intentionally missing in the partial update zip file, because it’s not yet updated. Bank 2 (Fenders, Class A, Vintage and Boutique) will be released in a complete LiveGold Zip file (with all three banks) later this fall in October/November.

Note: you can still use the LiveGold Bank 2 presets from the June/July 2022 version if you like, until the latest firmware version for Bank 2 is completed.

Which Fractal firmware version should I use? Match the Fractal firmware version with the right LiveGold TonePack firmware version. In this latest LiveGold update:
  • Axe-Fx III LiveGold presets were saved on Cygnus X firmware 20.04.
  • FM9 version was saved on Cygnus X firmware 3.0

How can I tell updated presets from older firmware versions, or which unit they apply to? Each hardware unit type has its own folder of bank files. You get all a LiveGold folder of banks for each of the three Fractal unit types —III, FM9, or FM3 — in the download zip file, no matter which unit you own.

Your existing, older LiveGold preset names will end in "cx." You will be able to tell the new ones from the old because for this partial update, all presets end in “-cS.” The “c” is for Cygnus — and the “S” is for Speaker Impedance Curve update.
  • Axe-FX III - all Cygnus updated preset names end with “-cS” and have four outputs
  • FM9 - all preset names end with “-cS” and have three outputs. You will see hanging one shunt (leftover from the III’s Out4) - you can delete those for any presets you need to.

What are the Changes made since the June-July 2022 Release?
  • Speaker impedance curves were checked. IMPORTANT! MAKE THIS CHANGE IN YOUR UNIT: Use the “Update Pre20.02/5.03 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load” set to YES in your unit’s firmware.
    • How do I do this? You find this setting front he front panel of the hardware as follows: SETUP > GLOBAL SETTINGS and scroll down the CONFIG page until you see, under Modeling the choice to "Update Pre20.02/5.03 Presets Spkr Imp Upon Load” - set this value to YES.
  • Various values were set for the new Speaker Impedance Curve section. For example, in prior firmwares, Speaker Comp was set to zero.
    • Speaker Comp is now set to 1.0 in most presets, which is what I like best (a few presets/scenes may be a little higher, but never over 2.0 value though). If you prefer a stiffer feel/response to your playing simply, change this value back to zero.
    • Speaker Drive was set to 2.
    • Speaker Thump was set to 2 as well, although it may be lower in some heavy bass amps/metal.

• Everything was checked and re-dialed in on a blended combination FRFRs: one Atomic CLR (left) and one Red Sound MF10 (right), both putting out volumes over 95db (LOUD/gig volume). These were placed about 12 feet behind me and simulate playing live on a club stage.
  • Checked and in many cases re-leveled every preset scene. Some metal amp presets were too hot in last firmware, that is fixed/better.
  • You should notice a better, tighter bass response than the June-July 2022 more recent versions. For many amps I have tightened up the bass response, yet increased it in “the right way”. This included changes to low cut in the Cab Block for IRs as well as changes to Input EQ, and sometimes Depth, output EQ, or Bass tone knob. Playing the presets live through the FRFRs helped this process (not through studio monitors). I’m going for an amp in the room sound, and that includes bottom end thump — but not muddy.

• Some IRs were changed here and there. Both the Friedman and the Captain Hook amps have new IR combinations. I messed with the SM57 IR and Cab block IR blend percentage on some Mesa Boogies as well to tame some harsher high end.

• Added the new Klon “Klon” emulation in Drive 2 Channel B (replies old FET emulation of Klon) for most (but not all) Drive2 blocks.

• The JMP-1 presets now map to the 4 band EQ and the actual page (the ideal page will show everything at 5/flat for tone controls).

• The Slash AFD amp’s default speaker curve reverted to a 4x12 USA Lead C-90s, I changed that back to Brit 800 (as it was in prior LiveGold version) which is less shrill and sounds better to me. Removed all use of the “Air”parameter in the Cab block. Older firmwares used this to add top end; it’s no longer necessary to have it under current firmwares. If you want, you can add 3% to Air back in, and see if you like it.

• That GEQ4 block that was placed before the Output 3 block has been removed in the update, to save CPU. Just use the Global OutEQ for Out3.

• Reset the Dynacomp compressor in several clean presets, plus some Studio type other compressors (but only if used).

• Adjusted the Input gain on certain delays, so that the first delay repeat was not too loud compared to original dry signal.

• Mark Holcomb of Periphery came over to the studio, and we checked his 5150 presets and tweaked them for the latest firmware — thanks Mark!

• A Wolfgang Standard guitar was used for the modern EVH amps to tweak them and level them (hotter pickup). (I’m in a Van Halen phase these days…).

• Added new Peavey Crunch Amp Model to the new amp preset folder.

• Fixed error on JMP1 Clean1 Scene 4 “Warm Grit.”

• For some of the new amp presets (in separate folder), fixed error so it’s now a Drive2 block, not Drive3 (was incorrect).

• Fixed other mistakes here in there, such as a scene that did not change to proper amp channel.

ENJOY!

Bank B is coming along re: update.

If we get a second public beta soon, then I think before October 7th I'll have all of LiveGold updated to FM9 firmware 3.x for you.

Stay tuned, will let you know.

Last edited:
Bank B is coming along re: update.

If we get a second public beta soon, then I think before October 7th I'll have all of LiveGold updated to 20.05 for you.

Stay tuned, will let you know.
Hey @austinbuddy, Thank you so much for everything you do!! Now that the fm3 update is officially released is there an eta on your update for it? Or was it with the fm9 and Axe-FX III release you already put out?

Hey @austinbuddy, Thank you so much for everything you do!! Now that the fm3 update is officially released is there an eta on your update for it? Or was it with the fm9 and Axe-FX III release you already put out?
I only See 5.03 released publicly. I know 6.0 is coming. The latest presets I update for LiveGold FM9 and III will not work on an FM3 until firmware comes out (has the Klon). Plus Cliff said there were some bugs in Marshall ampa so waiting for an update firmware for III before I can do another round.

Hi gang, I did finish Bank 2 right before I left on vacation (until the 18th) BUT Cliff said he he had some bugs in 20.04 and then firmware 21.x came out.

So I will check all that out the week of the 18th when i get back to my studio.

I'd be curious what you guys playing Bank 1 and 2 of the Sept. update and have uploaded fw 21 think about it. I'm reading some people saying it changes bass. I spent a lot of time and values tweaking in 20.04 version to dial the bass back in right/tight. I'm sure hoping I don't have to undo/redo all that work in 21, but we will see.

I am loving the update, You can definitely feel the difference in the low end tightness, I know there's a difference, because I am once again inspired to play and write. I am no longer tweaking or dialing, I am in love with the way my main preset sounds and feels. So thank you over and again thank you so much for all your time and effort! I did have one request, when you have time would you share how you hook up and what the settings are for your FRFRs, I have the same 2 as you, and since you used them both to get the tones, I would love to hear them the way you did
Thanks again!

I am loving the update, You can definitely feel the difference in the low end tightness, I know there's a difference, because I am once again inspired to play and write. I am no longer tweaking or dialing, I am in love with the way my main preset sounds and feels. So thank you over and again thank you so much for all your time and effort! I did have one request, when you have time would you share how you hook up and what the settings are for your FRFRs, I have the same 2 as you, and since you used them both to get the tones, I would love to hear them the way you did
Thanks again!
Sure. When I get back to my studio next week I can take photos of settings.

See my new interview series with DougB on YouTube if you want to see the overall positioning of the two FRFRs behind me

I owe you guys an update. I have LiveGold Bank 2 done and sounding great, which means all three LiveGold banks are now done, but I have not posted bank 2 yet to accounts.

Cliff's been busy (always! ;) ) and Fractal Audio is releasing lots of firmware updates with amp modeling innovations for the III, and much of that innovation has not yet trickled over the the FM9 and FM3 through firmwares yet, but will come.

I just got back from vacation and it appears the new firmware 21.0 public betas, while they do not require an amp block reset, they appear to do change amp levels and tones in a few Marshalls I tested quickly. So not compatible at first blush with LiveGold update. I'll do more in depth A/B tests this week/coming weekend across all banks comparing firmware 21 public beta and firmware 20.04/05 LiveGold presets and report back here.

For now, I don't have the bandwidth to throw away all the work I did this summer/Fall on LiveGold and start over for firmware 21 public beta 1-2.

So....in the next few days I'm going to release the second 2022 firmware update for LiveGold in 2022 (usually I only do one TonePack firmware update per year) and this LiveGold full update will work great with firmware 20.04/20.05 -- which technically are the current public release firmwares as of 10-23-2022 on the Fractal Audio main website.

What I'm really saying is, 1) don't upgrade to firmware 21 for now if you are using LiveGold - it probably will not work correctly, and 2) by this next weekend you'll have all three banks for firmware 20.04-05 for the III/FM9 (but not the FM3) units available to download in your accounts, I'll post here when they are available so you know.

I feel for you guys selling presets and staying current with firmware updates, but I guess it comes with the territory.
BTW, I recently got around to the FAS Buttery preset and it’s in a permanent spot in my top three presets I’m using.

Back
Top Bottom