list of mic choices using dyna-cab?

bverdon

There are plenty of cabs available... with different mic choices... figured that out. When I move away from legacy type to dyna-cab type, this thing gets real flexible. I see where there is a mic type (Condenser/Dynamic 1/Dynamic 2/ Ribbon) but I don't see where I can pic a specific mic but I am sure it is buried in here somewhere. I have looked at several youtube vids and searched this forum but haven't found what I am looking for.

Thanks

If I buy the new Freedman Dyna Cab (would be my 1st purchase) how do I load all these variations if there are only those 4 choices in the dropdown? Thanks much!

This pack provides the following selection of microphones:
  • Condenser 023 based on the Soyuz™ 023 BOMBLET™
  • Condenser 87 based on the Neumann™ U87
  • Condenser LOL67 based on the ADK™ C-LOL 67
  • Condenser Munich based on the ADK™ T-FET Munich M7
  • Dynamic 421 based on the Sennheiser™ MD421
  • Dynamic 57 based on the Shure™ SM57
    • A second capture of the Dynamic 57, captured OFF AXIS.
  • Dynamic 58 based on the Shure™ SM58
  • Dynamic SM7 based on the Shure™ SM7B
  • Ribbon 121 based on the Royer™ R-121
  • Ribbon 160 based on the Beyerdynamic™ M160
  • Ribbon 313 based on the Shure™ KSM313/NE

If I buy the new Freedman Dyna Cab (would be my 1st purchase) how do I load all these variations if there are only those 4 choices in the dropdown? Thanks much!

That's not really related to this question, which is about the onboard DynaCabs.

Cab packs require using Cab-Lab.

Best to create your own thread with your question...

The types are the mics...Dynamic 1 is a Shure SM57, the Dynamic 2 is the Shure SM7b. Condenser and Ribbon i am not sure which they are.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/cab-lab/4p0/Cab-Lab-4-Manual.pdf will help.

Thank you but... I don't see anything when I lick on Mic. I do see this when I click on the type.

hopefully this makes sense....

I am sure I am doing something stupid...

View attachment 138194
So the cab packs that you can purchase only operate in Cab Lab 4 — you would mix your IR there and then export as either a Standard or ultra-res ir and then import into your modeler and use as user cab in the legacy cab section. No adjustments of the close mics once in the device etc. For the built-in mics as mentioned above the listed types are sm57(dyn 1), sm7 (dyn2), Soyuz 023 (condenser) and r121 (ribbon). They are always the same four mics regardless of the cab selected. You only get the larger variety of mics and even sometimes different angles like 45 degrees (or Fredman configuration with 2 sm57’s) in the purchased cab packs and cab lab 4.

Last edited:
So the cab pack that you can purchase only operates in Cab Lab 4 — you would mix your IR there and then export as either. Standard or ultra res ir and then import into your modeler and use as user cab in the legacy cab section. No adjustments of the close mics once in the device etc. For the built in in mics as mentioned above the listed types are sm57(dyn 1), sm7 (dyn2), Soyuz 023 (condenser) and r121 (ribbon). They are always those four mics regardless of the cab selected. You only get the large variety of mics and even sometimes angles like 45 degrees in the purchased cab packs
Ah... gotcha. Not complaining... there are plenty sonic adjustments available. New to fractal and exploring as much as I can ... appreciate the help guys!

So the cab packs that you can purchase only operate in Cab Lab 4 — you would mix your IR there and then export as either a Standard or ultra-res ir and then import into your modeler and use as user cab in the legacy cab section. No adjustments of the close mics once in the device etc. For the built-in mics as mentioned above the listed types are sm57(dyn 1), sm7 (dyn2), Soyuz 023 (condenser) and r121 (ribbon). They are always the same four mics regardless of the cab selected. You only get the larger variety of mics and even sometimes different angles like 45 degrees (or Friedman configuration with 2 sm57’s) in the purchased cab packs and cab lab 4.
I'm not certain that the r121 was ever confirmed...

Also, the combo 2 SM7 mic option is call "Fredman" not "Friedman" - just to avoid confusion ;)

Back
Top Bottom