Just want to say…

dbfish

I've just moved from 8.03 to 10.03 and have been gob-smacked by the marked evolution in sound quality, amplifier parameter detail, effect clarity and overall quantum leap in the available 'aggression factor.' I come from the 3D Animation software world - worked @ Alias|Wavefront on Maya for years - so I know about 'serious' software and hardware and the Axe-FX (Ultra) is a package of immense depth and integrity. Good tools let you do your job, but GREAT tools make the job a joy and an never-ending journey of discovery and delight. I have a graveyard full of black boxes, and pedals as well as a long list of top drawer amps/cabs in my past and I can safely, and with great pleasure say that the Axe-Fx is simply the best rig I've ever had. Period 'effing Period.

To any one wondering if they should replace their amazing and expensive analog amps/cabs and effects with an Ultra unit - do buy the Ultra - simply, Yes! You WILL sound better, you WILL be amazed and you WON'T be sorry.

People who are not intimidated by DEEP software will be most successful with the Axe-Fx, but the presets are gorgeous and basic attributes easily enough modified that there's no barrier to success with this amazing box for those who are a tad leery menus and the like. The human interface is excellent and the results of poking around 'under-the-hood' are rewarding enough to soften the resistance of all but the most atrophied luddite.

NB: All of my comments are apropos of using the unit ONLY for recording… I cannot speak to amplification of the signal but I am fond of the Fryette (sic) 2-90.

Thank you, whoever you are, for the Axe-Fx. I am a nobody but I'm a very happy one!

David B. Fisher

Back
Top Bottom