SOLVED with 3.01 (FW 3.00 - How to solve missing BASIC tab in Axe-Edit)

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
FW 3.00 was officially released, but an updated Axe-Edit was not released just yet. Most functions in EDIT will still work. However there is a particular issue that many are seeing.

FW 3.00 brings a new parameter in the Amp block, the XFRMR GRIND parameter. If it is set to anything other than 0.00, the Basic tab in Axe-Edit will be missing.

All you need to do is use the Front Panel to go to the PWR DYN tab in the Amp block, and set the XFRMR GRIND parameter to 0. Edit will sync up and the Basic tab will reappear.

This is expected behavior and typically what happens when new FW is released, but not a new version of Edit. This time, however, the Basic tab is disappearing, something I believe we haven't experienced before.

Here is a short video showing what I just described, an excerpt from my live stream this morning:

i'm also getting many questions asking how to actually use the front panel. it's very simple and you really need to know at least this basic operation.

Last edited:
I'm going to "sticky" this until an AE update is released - as it will get lost in all the other threads and the question will get posted over and over..

Thread is stickied Chris.. no need to bump! :)
i understand, but many people use the Recent or Latest views only, and never see any sticky tabs in normal forum views. so bumping it still gets it in that recent list. ;)

FW 3.01 solves this issue completely. please load it instead of 3.00 http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...ev-3-01-firmware-release.113980/#post-1363480

All amps and presets are set to load the default value for the new XFRMR GRIND parameter, and even if you set it to a non-zero value, Axe-Edit still shows the Basic tab as expected.

i will leave this post up perhaps for a day or 2 and take it down afterwards.

hmm.... messages about this issue seem to have died down... is this frenzy done? ;) i'll delete this thread and corresponding videos later today :)

Back
Top Bottom