[solved] batch IRs

jonno

Ran into a weird bug when uploading a batch of IRs today.
Here's what I'm doing:
Ownhammer wav files -> Free cab lab -> syx files
syx files -> Axe-fx iii mini utility -> IR loader

Here is the result/bug. After uploading, some names get really messed up, some appear <EMPTY>, and some of the IRs appear to be missing. Restarting/etc does not help. Re-uploading yields the same result, but different IRs have crazy names/missing spots, missing IRs.

Please see attached image. Note that none of these user IR spots should be empty, each one should be occupied. I've been trying to get this right for a few hours nows to no avail.

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 9.41.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 9.41.30 PM.png

I have, multiple times at this point. Still looks exactly the same.

---
Edit: Just to make sure I'm not crazy, I closed axe edit, rebooted axe, opened axe edit, made sure I carefully did them in that exact order with no mistake. Still messed up, I'm not crazy.

Last edited:
Hmmm? Pretty sure that’s what I did, maybe I threw in a ‘refresh after FW upgrade’. They eventually got sorted out.

Hmmm? Pretty sure that’s what I did, maybe I threw in a ‘refresh after FW upgrade’. They eventually got sorted out.
Did the refresh after FW upgrade. Didn't work sadly.

Oh yeah, don’t have Axe Edit running at the same time your doing your IR imports.
Don't think I had it running at the time. But just to be safe, I'm going to reboot my computer (to make sure nothing is running in the background) then I'll re-import all my IRs and see if it works.

I'll report back shortly!

BTW, thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.

That did the trick.

I had to reboot to make sure nothing was running in the background, then re-import the IRs with Axe Edit closed.

So here is what did and did not work:
  1. Rebooting axe fx - NO
  2. refresh after FW upgrade - NO
  3. closing axe edit and re-importing - NO
  4. rebooting, never opening axe edit, re-importing - YES!!!
  5. rebooting, opening axe edit, closing axe edit, re-importing - NO
Huge thanks pettymusic!

The Logic and AxeEdit issue is a known issue it’s being discussed on another thread.
Yes, sorry. I mean to say, I know it causes issues with Axe Edit based on that thread, but it also appears to cause issues with the mini utility when batch importing IRs.

Back
Top Bottom