Wish Block library on Fractal device

Boomsma

I would really like to store my block library on my FM3. Now I always need the desktop editor to access my personal effects and amps.

I recently got an HX Stomp and that little unit lets you store block settings as favourites on the device itself, making it easy to quickly create or alter presets from personal effects and amps. Would love to see something similar on my Fractal units.

Sorry if I'm double posting, I can hardly imagine that I'm the only one that wants this but I couldn't find another similar request.

Would also like to see the title of the preset block setting stay on screen when you switch to another preset or reset the unit. Annoying having to remember if that is the one I saved or is it a different one.

It depends if the limits are per block type or if you would have a finite number of storage slots irrespective of block type. The second option is probably a more efficient way of using storage on the device.

My personal blocks would be mostly amps, drives and delays. For the other blocks 1 or 2 would be fine. For many blocks the available defaults are more than sufficient.

So 10 would already be a great start. 50 is sufficient. 100 would be awesome, with that amount I would be able to store more exotic effect settings that I only use occasionally.

I would actually like this idea if it performed like the Stompbox feature on the Boss GT units.

Each effect type has 10 stompbox slots that you can save the effect settings to. Then the effect block could either use preset settings or one of the saved stompbox settings.

+1

FWIW, even the lowly HX Stomp can do this.

It’d be nice to be able to access the Blocks Library on the device in situations where a computer isn’t available.

+1

FWIW, even the lowly HX Stomp can do this.

It’d be nice to be able to access the Blocks Library on the device in situations where a computer isn’t available.
I wouldn't call it "lowly"! :p The Stomp is an awesome concept. There's no way I'm going to favor one over my FM3 but it's still a very good option (especially at around $500 on the secondary market).

I wouldn't call it "lowly"! :p The Stomp is an awesome concept. There's no way I'm going to favor one over my FM3 but it's still a very good option (especially at around $500 on the secondary market).
I own both. The HX Stomp lives in my gig bag as a backup. It still holds up, and there’s things it can do that the FM3 can’t. This is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom