AXE FX II XL+ still good on 2023?

flameFN

please guide me about this.I'm living in turkey and turkey's economy is really bad.I want to buy FX 3 but no one is selling and one guy sellling 3000 dolars.I want to buy a AXE FX 2 XL+ .İts still good in 2023?

It's a stunning piece of gear. I still use my XL (can't afford a III) and am constantly reminded that I'm using the second best modeler in the world

please guide me about this.I'm living in turkey and turkey's economy is really bad.I want to buy FX 3 but no one is selling and one guy sellling 3000 dolars.I want to buy a AXE FX 2 XL+ .İts still good in 2023?
FX3 is the flagship at the moment, but FM3 is half price and imho better than the 2xl firmware wise. Amp/cab modeling is also up to date. If its an option, get the FM3

Cheers 🍻

The 2 XL+ still sounds as great as it did in 2015 when we were raving over it. When the Ares 2 firmware came out, we all raved over it again.
It sounds the same now as it did then....
Yes, FAS modeling has come a very long way since then, but great recorded and live tones can be had right out of the box of an Axe FX 2. It takes more tweaking compared to the 3 and FM3/9, but it's definitely the 2nd best modeler as @Dpoirier stated.
An FM3 is in the ballpark price of a used Axe FX 2 though. Some older units are going for $1200ish with an MFC-101 included. At that price, I'd just buy an FM9 and call it a day.
You'll enjoy either one.

I have a AXE FX 2 XL and have no desire to upgrade any time soon. I have invested many many hours on perfecting my presets and I’m in a very happy place right now. Hit me up if you go ahead with the XL and I’ll DM you a load of presets to get you going and hopefully save you a lot of precious time.

Back
Top Bottom