Anyone have raw isolated recordings of their live presets?

I really like the way you setup your effects. Really 3D and spacey but real clear.
I find it not easy to dial effects like you did.
thanks, it's not too complex in that preset,

it's the dual tape head delay in stereo, there's no reverb on this one

i tend to go for delays in parallel (after the cab in this instance) , and the main thing is
EQ: 100-150hz low cut (really helps clear things up)
ducker Attenuation , depending on what i'm going for -3 - -6 or so

reverb i usually put that in series , same thing with the EQ (100-150hz low cut) and then keep mix to taste,

as for the two boosts, i've got a Filter block that's cutting lows with a low cut, and then +8 level, and then on the amp block i'm using the preamp boost for an extra boost =)

it's just another way of doing things, double boosting sounds like some kind of magic, but in essence it's using an EQ to boost , and then another boost on the actual amp tab

here's something i'm working on, still tweaking EQ
it's metal ;) i probably stayed too long on the 'cleanish' sort of amp, but to give an idea
recording stuff helps actually, it's probably a bit bright on it's own, but i still have to see it with the rest of the band in context

Paul, that lower gain sound is fantastic man. Tasty delays too.

Paul, that lower gain sound is fantastic man. Tasty delays too.
thanks 🙏 that's the Euro BLUE amp with the gain around 5-6 ish , EQ set to taste,

the cool part is a delay(memory man) BEFORE the amp (set to 1/4dot i think) and then the dual head tape delay or it i think it might be the stereo tape on the cleanish scene AFTER the amp/cab , gets this really cool mix of a delay that's getting slightly saturated by the amp and also the atmosphere of the delay after the amp with a higher feedback
no reverb needed, just combining delays is a lot of fun

Last edited:

one last update to my main preset, i'll probably do a video on this as well, as new firmware / new tones and updates, changes things around

i'm really enjoying the splawn quickrod od2-2 with the new cab mix i made, and minimal tweaking to the actual amp (just changed the speaker tab page a bit to better match to what i'd like to hear, i'll go over that in a video i think as it might be useful to people the sort of tweaks i like to look at

there's something in the voicing i'm not quite gelling with, need more tight/thunk, it's given changes to the d60 more model, looking at potential other amps that could be cool, but it's maybe also the quite aggressive sounding cab mix i put together
You might enjoy a mulitband compressor, gently working downstairs.

You might enjoy a mulitband compressor, gently working downstairs.
have one on the preset already, but have a feeling it's more so something in the mids voicing I'm not quite gelling with,

really liking the splawn quick rod so far in any case, will keep testing and audition with the band to see what makes the most sense

Which irs do you use for live?
Last year I used legacy 60 and 61 but I would like to know Wich ir brand/provider/pack you prefer.

Which irs do you use for live?
Last year I used legacy 60 and 61 but I would like to know Wich ir brand/provider/pack you prefer.
for everything metal i use a mix of otto audio cabs

anything else i try out various cabs to see what works best based on the amp (usually some form of greenback cab, gotten good results from mBritt, ownhammer cabs) the dyna cabs are great to be honest as well

here is my main crunch I'm workin on.

3 variant of the same tone: No PEQ - PEQ (mid bump and some high cut) - PEQ (same but with low cut)

The same but with a simple drum loop

tell me what you think and feel free to share yours also.

GREAT tone (and playing)! Even the No PEQ version sounds awesome, I actually prefer it.
Care to share the 2203 settings and cab(s) used?

Thanks

GREAT tone (and playing)! Even the No PEQ version sounds awesome, I actually prefer it.
Care to share the 2203 settings and cab(s) used?

Thanks
thanks!

the settings for the 2203 is
Gain : 7.9
Bass : 5.9
Mid : 7
Treble : 5
Presence : 4
Master : 6

Speaker tab: I change the impedance to 4x12 Greenback
Dynamics : +0.61 with the Gain Enhancer

The ir is a mix I made of multiple Irs from Solodallas 1969 G12m25, the first time I try to make my own mixes with cab lab. there's a one mic and 2 room irs mixed together. But I'm not satisfied yet with the results even though I think it's not sounding that bad.

It's still have a hard time finding a "high gain lead tone" with the 2203, any recommendations?

thanks!

the settings for the 2203 is
Gain : 7.9
Bass : 5.9
Mid : 7
Treble : 5
Presence : 4
Master : 6

Speaker tab: I change the impedance to 4x12 Greenback
Dynamics : +0.61 with the Gain Enhancer

The ir is a mix I made of multiple Irs from Solodallas 1969 G12m25, the first time I try to make my own mixes with cab lab. there's a one mic and 2 room irs mixed together. But I'm not satisfied yet with the results even though I think it's not sounding that bad.

It's still have a hard time finding a "high gain lead tone" with the 2203, any recommendations?

Thank you! I generally add a drive in front or Marshall models to add more gain. I personally like the Valve Screamer VS9.

Back
Top Bottom