Preset builds/tips/tricks - youtube - Fractal FM3

before the amp + in between the amp+cab will be similar in tone depending on how gainy the amp is, as the cab will be shaping the EQ of the tone

if you place a digital delay at the end of the chain it'll be delaying whatever is before it but with its own EQ, kinda like you've already recorded something and adding delay in post production
A delay in between an amp - cab vs after the cab should all be the same I believe. As long as your cab is in stereo. Maybe the difference you are hearing is things collapsing to mono. Delaying an eq’d signal vs eq’ing delays, it’s all linear.
In front of the amp is different because of gain.

Cool videos !

A delay in between an amp - cab vs after the cab should all be the same I believe. As long as your cab is in stereo. Maybe the difference you are hearing is things collapsing to mono. Delaying an eq’d signal vs eq’ing delays, it’s all linear.
In front of the amp is different because of gain.

Cool videos !
thanks 🙏

good points, the stereo/mono one is certainly something to take into consideration, must do more testing, i run dual mono feeds to FOH usually so that would also be a consideration for me

something a lot longer but i've seen it asked about a few times online, modern metal/metalcore setup tutorial with a free preset as well

just some quick bits:
  • this is how i like to dial in these sorts of tones, your own experimentation is key =)
  • I like to use a filter block/eq for a clean boost before amps, feel free to try different drives, you can get some great results that way as well
  • guitar level is perhaps sometimes a bit too loud in the video , my apologies

thanks for watching🙏

some EJ vibes this week

taking on from the big ambient/ampless preset i made, this one has a bit of a twist with an amp/cab thrown in there as well,

sprinkle some chorus, extra delays/modulation and you get this lovely lush sound
free preset download within the video description on my ko-fi page (put all my presets in one download or pay what you want on there) :

https://ko-fi.com/s/5a6542f393

hope you enjoy it

not a build this time round but a video highlighting 4 amps that i think are hidden gems , really solid single channel style amps , from clean to mean with a twist of the volume knob , the twist is i'm using a 4x12 dyna cab , hope you enjoy it

amps we're looking at:
hipower jumped
class-a 30 watt
supertweed
wrecker express brt

thanks for watching =)

the 5-10 minute preset build is now out the window :D here's my live kitchen sink preset in two parts, i go over some tricks and fun sounds i use/get out of it, and the setup as well

some fun tricks here:
-ring mod lazer sounds
-'faux' chorus (using a delay block to simulate chorus to save on CPU
-1 button Wah
-double boosting the amp

only caveat is i can't share my custom IR blend, which makes quite a big difference to the tone,

preset as per usual in all my downloads link

any questions, let me know, thanks 🙏

some pedal platform style goodness this week with the Matchbox D-30 ,

running everything in front, with an LFO trick on the tremolo block to add a bit of movement, almost uni-vibe like in nature

preset as per usual in all my downloads link

any questions, let me know, thanks 🙏

Back
Top Bottom