setting output 1 for FRFR and output 2 for power-amp and cabinet

I read something interesting in the Axe Manual.
"send the fully processed sound to the mixing board but
tap off before the cabinet simulation and send that to a guitar amp or separate power amp and guitar
cabinet. To do this you can use the auxiliary outputs of your Axe-Fx. Simply place the Effects Loop
block as the second to last block in your signal chain and the Cabinet Simulator as the last block.
The signal appearing at the OUTPUT 2 jacks will be perfectly suitable for driving a guitar amp
whereas the signal at the OUTPUT 1 jacks will be perfect for sending to the P.A. system."

Since I have two threads for my left FRFR monitor and my right FRFR monitor, I can't just put the FX loop before the cab block. So, did I do it right this way?
axeedit.jpg

No, because in the FX Loop block row2 is panned left, row3 is panned right -> no summary, full stereo!

If you set up output 2 to sum L+R, then you'll have a summed-to-mono output.

Morphosis said:
No, because in the FX Loop block row2 is panned left, row3 is panned right -> no summary, full stereo!

And that's whats so freaking cool about this option. Now I can have my cake and eat it too. FRFR into the house PA and output two into my tube power amp and cab. Both full stereo! AT THE SAME TIME!!!! And two different signals, one with cab sim and one without.

The options on this unit never cease to amaze me

Last edited:
And that's whats so freaking cool about this option. Now I can have my cake and eat it too. FRFR into the house PA and output two into my tube power amp and cab. Both full stereo! AT THE SAME TIME!!!! And two different signals, one with cab sim and one without.
It's cool, indeed. But note that most venues run FOH strictly in mono, in which case you might as well send them a mono signal from the Axe-FX. That will save a board channel and a feed in the snake, and will give you more control over your signal.

Rex said:
It's cool, indeed. But note that most venues run FOH strictly in mono, in which case you might as well send them a mono signal from the Axe-FX. That will save a board channel and a feed in the snake, and will give you more control over your signal.

Thanks. I know. However, in most of the venues I play, the FOH is stereo so it's a cool option to have, especially for our U2 stuff

Hi

Would you post the patch here-->as a starting point for the unexperienced?May give wonderful Stero at my church solo quest

Thanks

Roland

Back
Top Bottom