what do you think?

• love it!

Votes: 100 92.6%
  • hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • meh...

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters
Awesome! I won't have a chance to try this out until tomorrow, but I've been hoping someone might be able to model the Capistan.

Very Very cool! Thanks for the work you put in. I changed the amp to my Twin amp and added a touch of big spring reverb at the end and it sounds great!

Was trying to take the delay mix down a bit, but whatever I tried fooled with the whole vibe of the sound too much, so no luck there. :) Not very important, but is there a way to bring the delay in the mix in this patch?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Very Very cool! Thanks for the work you put in. I changed the amp to my Twin amp and added a touch of big spring reverb at the end and it soudns great!

the amp and cab were meant to be replaced by whatever you prefer, obviously.
I only put them in, so you get a working preset right away.

Was trying to take the delay mix down a bit, but whatever I tried fooled with the whole vibe of the sound too much, so no luck there. :) Not very important, but is there a way to bring the delay in the mix in this patch?

The 'trouble' with this setup is, as you mentioned, that level and feedback are interdependent.
To change that, add a mixer block right under the send block.
Gain1 controls the echo level without messing with the feedbacks (since still the same lavel is fed into the send)
Gain2 controls the dry level

btw. just for fun I added another delay, PEQ and drive block and the Ultra barely goes over 66%. Too bad there aren't send2 and return2 blocks.

that's nice

you can also use a volume block to control the level of delay, if you shift the main row down one. i tweaked up a stereo version, which also sounds great.

where did you get the peq curve from?

shame it takes so many blocks to make a delay that sounds as good as this...!

sim

the amp and cab were meant to be replaced by whatever you prefer, obviously.
I only put them in, so you get a working preset right away.

The 'trouble' with this setup is, as you mentioned, that level and feedback are interdependent.
To change that, add a mixer block right under the send block.
Gain1 controls the echo level without messing with the feedbacks (since still the same lavel is fed into the send)
Gain2 controls the dry level

btw. just for fun I added another delay, PEQ and drive block and the Ultra barely goes over 66%. Too bad there aren't send2 and return2 blocks.

Thanks Don.

Sounds right to me! I loved the clip, and I don't think I could have picked it out in an A/B it was so close to the el cap clips I've heard. The el cap has a signature sound to it that you really captured. I'm assuming your PEQ is probably most responsible for that, but it's scary how well you emulated it.

I can't download the patch stuff from here, will it work for the standard or did you use Ultra only stuff to get this dialed in?

D

Wow - great job Don! I have the El Capistan and it is one very cool pedal.
Thanks for making a preset that does it justice!

Back
Top Bottom