Fuzz Face '69 Build

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,

last night I finished my latest DIY stompbox project. Here it is:

FF-69-Build.jpg

controls are Fuzz, Volume, Bias and Contour

It sounds quite good, and I quickly came up with a neat sound. The picture actually shows that setting ;)
I recorded a sample of it and then dialed in the Axe's Fuzz Face to sound like it.

It was surprisingly easy.
Here's a patch with: FF - Twin - 1x12 Black - 16th note delay

enjoy.

Attachments

• FF '69 Build Twin.syx
    2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Very nice fuzz tone. Thick and juizcy, on top of a clean amp.

Don, did you make it your mission the recreate in the Axe-Fx every single pedal ever made? You are one productive dude, you know that?

Very nice fuzz tone. Thick and juizcy, on top of a clean amp.

glad you like it! :)

btw,
my next project will be a Tubescreamer OD, with germanium diodes instead of the silicone ones and two of my lovely russian NOS mil-spec CV7355 transistors instead of the usual 2N3904s.

and yes, it will be Axe'd!

Last edited:
Don, I heard there was a Vietnamese guy named Kim, who assembled a pedal in the early 60's, using stuff he found on junk yards. The thing sounded like crap so he called it a fuzz. Only one unit was ever made. Upon discovering its existence the Khmer took it from him to investigate if it could be turned into a nuclear weapon. They didn't succeed and needless to say that the pedal was destroyed in the process. Kim hasn't been seen since August 23rd 1982, leaving no notes or schematics. Please add this one to your list of to be recreated pedals, will you? ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom