Paging Mike from Redwirez - LF Resonant Frequency

Deltones

Experienced
Hey Mike,

I'm fishing here, but do you happen to have stashed the LF Resonant frequency of the cabs you worked on for the BigBox somewhere per any chance? It's been a pretty hot subject of conversation around these parts for the last 2 days.

The "LF Resonant frequency of the cabs" here means "the impedance resonance frequency of a speaker mounted in cab".

I sent email to RW about this so lets see if he chimes in.

No we don't. Sorry. We only just started doing this a few months ago for the raw speakers as part of another project to help out attenuator users who were experiencing "tone suck". We're adding it to the queue, though. We'll start sampling the impedance curve of the new cab/speaker combos going forward. And any time we bust out a cab we'll sample it while we have it set up.

I did sample a few cabs when I was testing the circuit we used, but they weren't BIGBox cabs.

I'll see if I can get to a few BIGBox cabs this week.

Ok. So we sampled the impedance curves for the cabs that were set up in the studio last night. Here's a graph:

cabimp-653x333.gif

Legend:

Red = Mesa Rectifier Oversized - Vintage 30s
Yellow = Krank Krankenstein - Eminence Texas Heats
Green = Mesa Halfback 2x12 - Black Shadow C90s
Blue = Bogner Custom Shop Oversize 2x12 - Vintage 30s
White = Bogner Uberkab 4x12 - Vintage 30s and T75s

We'll get to more as time goes by.

redwire said:
So we sampled the impedance curves for the cabs that were set up in the studio last night. Here's a graph:
From your data, it appears that the Krank and Mesa Halfback cabs may be ported, but not particularly well.

redwire said:
Ok. So we sampled the impedance curves for the cabs that were set up in the studio last night. Here's a graph:

cabimp-653x333.gif

Legend:

We'll get to more as time goes by.

Man... it's at times like these that being colorblind sucks :mrgreen:

Sorry, man. No, funky dotted line option in the software :)

The V30s are the ones peaking around 106Hz, from highest to lowest peak: blue, red, white. The Krank is the around 87Hz and the Halfback is the one off by itself in the nethers of the frequency spectrum.

redwire said:
Sorry, man. No, funky dotted line option in the software :)

The V30s are the ones peaking around 106Hz, from highest to lowest peak: blue, red, white. The Krank is the around 87Hz and the Halfback is the one off by itself in the nethers of the frequency spectrum.

But thanks to Redwire for the info

Any time frame on these newer IR's? 8)

any news about the resonance frequency values of some other cabs? I´d be personally interested in the Fender with Jensens and the Matchless ones..
Changed the parameter on my Uberkab presets to 106 Hz and to 115 Hz on my presets that use the Basketwave with G12H30´s and it made a BIG difference! At least to my ears the bass responce is way more pleasant

Back
Top Bottom