U2 Mysterious Ways Patch - Here's how to do it....

Bravo. As you pointed out on the filter , the envelope not closing the filter - is the key. Its that bottom end whoosh that is makes the A3 so unique. But I agree, we need to get together an perfect this patch and dump our A3's!!!!!

I like it :!:
I had to tweak the threshhold to suit my EMG's but its pretty close. Then a bit of Amp block tweaking and I was there.
Yes the end Whoosh thing is missing, I have no idea how to obtain that.

Great job though, well done.

Are the mod settigns for the FREQ and the Q the same?
I'm tweaking and close but had to stick a drive in fron of the amp.

GuitarDojo said:
Are the mod settigns for the FREQ and the Q the same?
I'm tweaking and close but had to stick a drive in fron of the amp.
From Phil's post on YouTube:

No- much flatter. Just realized? I didn't get a shot of that screen... Like this:
Max: 70
Mid: 50
Low 40

sherpa_man said:
Done my best to make this patch from the video
Hi.
The patch seems to be broken. At least none of my zippers wish to unzip it.
I've made my own rendition of the patch, but haven't succeeded in uploading it to Axe-Change. Since I just found this thread I offset the controller settings for the Q and changed the angle. Has kinda the same effect.

Thank you very much for sharing this!!!

But @ Dutch: Could it be, that your file is broken, too? I´ve got an error-message from my zipper.

Last edited:
Last I read, zip files aren't a valid file type for the forums. I don't know if that's changed or not, but upload the actual .syx file without zipping it.

I found this in my patch directory. I am not sure if I tweaked it from the original.

Attachments

• Preset - Mysterious Ways.syx
    2 KB · Views: 204
These U2 presets came from the old axechange archive so were done several firmwares ago and as such most likely need some amp tweakage. They all loaded into AXE-Edit OK so they should work. Enjoy!

Hey, thanks! At the moment I´m a total beginner with the machine. ;-) Those presets helps to tweak my sound to where i want to get it and helps to understand the Axe.
At the moment i want to tweak a Mysterious Ways preset. I just want some more "eeeooooohhoo" in the sound. ;-) ...spend hours. With little steps I come forward. Perhaps I´ll get it. When i did it, I will upload it!

The forum has migrated to another provider since I put this up. Many links and attachments have been broken.

It seems I can't find this one in my files. Which is odd, since I never throw anything away. My Fractal folder is 3.6 Gb, 2,500 folders with 106,000+ files.
Largely due to Redwirez. But still.

I'll have to look which Mysterious file is most current but I don't have my Axe around right now.

3,5GB and 106,000 files!? OMG! It seems you play around much! :) LOL I think I´m about 105,000 files away. :)
(Redwirez? Cabsimulation, right? I don´t need it, I think, because i use real AC30 with Blue´s.)
Yes, many files are broken. Some on Axechange, too. The MW-Patch there seems to be empty. I´m just looking if i get the MW sound as near as the A3, because i want to use only the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom