Acoustic sim 1024 cab

xpenno said:
Now that's what I'm talking about, I think we need more info :shock:

Some university student did a project about simulating an acoustic guitar on the electric and did an impulse of an acoustic guitar body. I converted it a 1024 a while back. I redid it as a single IR w/ Albert's IR Utility and 6.0 beta. The results are better for whatever reason. I just added EQ, a bit of compression and reverb.

javajunkie said:
xpenno said:

Some university student did a project about simulating an acoustic guitar on the electric and did an impulse of an acoustic guitar body. I converted it a 1024 a while back. I redid it as a single IR w/ Albert's IR Utility and 6.0 beta. The results are better for whatever reason. I just added EQ, a bit of compression and reverb.

Well whatever you did it sounds great! Any chance you would [edit] upload [/edit] the 1024 version ;)

xpenno said:
javajunkie said:
xpenno said:

Well whatever you did it sounds great! Any chance you would the 1024 version ;)

I'll upload the patch and cab to axechange.

Just out of interest, how are you uploading the Cabs to the AxeFX I have read a number of posts saying that some methods are no longer working due to the re-structure?

xpenno said:
Just out of interest, how are you uploading the Cabs to the AxeFX I have read a number of posts saying that some methods are no longer working due to the re-structure?

AlbertA updated his utility to do it.

Hey you could try splitting into two now and use the old method for a 2016 sample version (use 21ms for the delay).

Since Cliff is now doing windowing on the axe-fx, the two part thing will have artifacts now... Oh well...

Sounds great tough.

AlbertA said:
Since Cliff is now doing windowing on the axe-fx, the two part thing will have artifacts now... Oh well...

Sounds great tough.

Yeah Ithought about that, but with it being so Acousticy it works.

javajunkie said:
Even better. I redid the IRs with the update Albert just made. It was still sounding boxey and like it was trying to hard to be an acoustic. I added some of the dry electric signal in and that helped. I was able to tame some of the extreme eq settings I was using

http://javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/acoustic2016.mp3

I like both! The first sounds more piezo sounding and the second more like a mic'd acoustic!
Very cool stuff! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom