Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.01 Release

Axe III + Fryette LXII + my trusty old custom 4x12 with MIE V30s = hooooooooooooooly sh*t since fw25. Yesterday I've tried doing a convincing VH tone just for fun. I kid you not it didn't take more than selecting the 100w Plexi, turning everything up to 10 and lowering the Variac to 81%.
I started playing but now instead of smiling I was grinning like a mofo.
🙏🙏🙏

Axe III + Fryette LXII + my trusty old custom 4x12 with MIE V30s = hooooooooooooooly sh*t since fw25. Yesterday I've tried doing a convincing VH tone just for fun. I kid you not it didn't take more than selecting the 100w Plexi, turning everything up to 10 and lowering the Variac to 81%.
I started playing but now instead of smiling I was grinning like a mofo.
🙏🙏🙏
Something very juicy, barky, stringy, and "kerrangy" in the 100w plexi, and most of the other variants that no other modeling gets right. I made a decent evh tone on the Helix with that same model, but it needed lots of "help" and tweaking, aka a boost, pre/post eq, and high/low cuts in the cab block. I find in fractal, 90% of those tweaks aren't even necessary for most of their Marshalls. Stank face heaven.

It feels different, we're being kept in the dark. But whatever IT is, I can't wait till it's applied to more models.

I agree that model sounds great (as do others), but what do you mean by "applied to more models"? The modeling overall has been updated, along with the majority of amps re-tuned accordingly.
I’m not sure, it just feels different, the way it reacts to pick attacks, the way it reacts to drive pedals. I don’t know if they used a different process to model this particular amp, something just feels different. Not sure how the sausage is made. I may be hearing shit, could just be in my head. I usually use higher gain models, but this one, for whatever reason, keeps me drawn to it.

I’m not sure, it just feels different, the way it reacts to pick attacks, the way it reacts to drive pedals. I don’t know if they used a different process to model this particular amp, something just feels different. Not sure how the sausage is made. I may be hearing shit, could just be in my head. I usually use higher gain models, but this one, for whatever reason, keeps me drawn to it.
It's a new amp so it could just be the amp...

I get what you said, I feel the same with most of the latest amps that fractal added. They sound “better” than the others. Don’t know if better is the word but yeah like a 2.0 thing. Maybe just because they are new don’t know . But yeah you are right I feel it too.

I agree I also hear this with the 2203. There’s something « more » in the depth, the attack and the dynamic.
Maybe it’s just the amp but I said before that it sounds like a secret sauce to my ears.

Back
Top Bottom