Anyone have raw isolated recordings of their live presets?

Joshua_L

Experienced
Hi there,

it's the same time of the year each year where I have to make my live presets.

And each year, even though I made a reasonable job last year I like to start from scratch again and each time I feel like I don't know anything at all and I'm completely lost again. New ir new firmware, my ears does not like what I created last year etc some of you may know the feelings :disrelieved:

So does everyone got some clean and rock isolated track of their live presets? I like to have some reference made by those who share the same gear.

That will help me and certainly help others here. Sharing presets is really great and kind but, different guitars, different fingers, different monitors etc...

Thanks again for sharing if you have those things.

Cool idea and evolved process
I have new ones I change every year and they seem to be better and would like to hear what others have..

i've updated my live preset given the new firmware changed the main amp i used , but haven't nailed everything just yet

with the changes to the amp/voicing it's meant some changes in amount of gain/boosting and most importantly IRs

i spent the last two days looking at doing different IR mixes to load into the unit that might also better complement the amp(s) i'd be using in my main preset with the metal band (we play drop B groove/death metal sort of stuff) , for now it's between the d60 more (that's been updated) which i've used religiously since owning the FM3 , and auditioning the Euro UBER atm

see if i can post something later this week, after band practice as that's usually the best test for me with our IEMs

A guitar and a fractal. Fm3. lol.

It’s not about pickups or whatever it’s about having some reference tones for our ears :)
Ok, by "share the same gear" I thought you were referring to guitar and pickups, as the FM3 would be assumed. Presets can sound quite a bit different dependent on that but you're just interested in the sounds to check yourself.

Ok, by "share the same gear" I thought you were referring to guitar and pickups, as the FM3 would be assumed. Presets can sound quite a bit different dependent on that but you're just interested in the sounds to check yourself.
yes, that's why I prefer having "reference user tones" because presets depends on too many parameters.

listening raw tones with our own monitors/ears is a great way to learn who the others do.

i just recorded all my live presets so i could have a reference after updating my FXIII. unfortunately, i've just deleted the project file. however, i'd be happy to re-record a few snippets for you, if you like. i play covers, so they're fairly general pop and rock presets, with a few presets for specific songs that need them. i tend to use single coils for cleans and humbuckers for dirty tones. let me know if it could be useful to you.
you got some magical tones for the III on your website!

Yes I'll be happy to have some recordings of your "simpler" live tones.

you got some magical tones for the III on your website!

Yes I'll be happy to have some recordings of your "simpler" live tones.
i'm actually a bit confused about what you want tbh, but i'll record a few for you. my taste may differ wildly from yours...

i'm actually a bit confused about what you want tbh, but i'll record a few for you. my taste may differ wildly from yours...
Sounds like he's second guessing his live sound and just wants to compare notes with others that play live. @Joshua_L it may help to provide a context for a genre of music.

and a quick variant with less gain/treble/presence

there's something in the voicing i'm not quite gelling with, need more tight/thunk, it's given changes to the d60 more model, looking at potential other amps that could be cool, but it's maybe also the quite aggressive sounding cab mix i put together

I think this ask makes a lot of sense. A good live sound usually sounds bad when listened to in isolation, compared to the nicer low volume or recording sounds meant to sit in a well balanced album mix. Testing your sound in a mix is one way, but referencing good isolated sounds to set your ears expectations makes sense.

Has a bit of that Joe Satriani style PB, good sound.
thanks , it's dual boosting the amp 🥳 ie. a clean boost out front and then the FAS boost, the FAS boost is quite cool for modern sorts of tones , adds it's own character to the amp

here's another with the d60 more version of the preset, which i'm also still working on, i miss that old amp model, really knew how it responded

Sounds like he's second guessing his live sound and just wants to compare notes with others that play live. @Joshua_L it may help to provide a context for a genre of music.
There’s not really a particular genre.
I’m more of a rock guy, medium gain to high gain but It could be a thread with all styles involved.
A lot of users are always asking some recipes for live tones, could be a great place to hear how others tweak their tones.

Last edited:

here's something i'm working on, still tweaking EQ
it's metal ;) i probably stayed too long on the 'cleanish' sort of amp, but to give an idea
recording stuff helps actually, it's probably a bit bright on it's own, but i still have to see it with the rest of the band in context

I really like the way you setup your effects. Really 3D and spacey but real clear.
I find it not easy to dial effects like you did.

thanks , it's dual boosting the amp 🥳 ie. a clean boost out front and then the FAS boost, the FAS boost is quite cool for modern sorts of tones , adds it's own character to the amp

here's another with the d60 more version of the preset, which i'm also still working on, i miss that old amp model, really knew how it responded

How did you set those 2 boosts? Never really experienced stacking boosts.
As I mainly played all my career with guitar - wha - amp (and maybe sometimes a little delay) lol.

Back
Top Bottom