Fractal vs Helix John Mayer Preset

It's really a difference, I would say it sounds like 1-2 generations between Helix and Fractal. Fractal rules!
Haha! You’re not wrong. For me (like I said in the video) it’s the depth of the note, sustain, and the immediacy of the attack. Fractal has it!

Great video. Had also the helix for almost 2 years. It was supposed to be my B rig...and my fx board inf ront of the handwired ac15 i owned by than.

The drives of Helix in front of my ac15 made me always think helix is doing what it wants and it's drives are not acting authentic at all in front of an amp.

In your video, when you switch to helix, it feels like the guitar tone, it's frequency range shifts more to lows, low mids and where as fractal seems to be all in the right place frequency wise. Break up/Distortion sounds also nicer on fractal. Not a day and night difference but still.

All being said, I saw players on stage with Helix sounding great.

Great video. Had also the helix for almost 2 years. It was supposed to be my B rig...and my fx board inf ront of the handwired ac15 i owned by than.

The drives of Helix in front of my ac15 made me always think helix is doing what it wants and it's drives are not acting authentic at all in front of an amp.

In your video, when you switch to helix, it feels like the guitar tone, it's frequency range shifts more to lows, low mids and where as fractal seems to be all in the right place frequency wise. Break up/Distortion sounds also nicer on fractal. Not a day and night difference but still.

All being said, I saw players on stage with Helix sounding great.
Yep, I agree with you. I think the tubescreamer in the helix is god awful. There’s no low end dump like there should be. Overall it’s closer with with Two Rock IR but not like Fractal does.

Back
Top Bottom