FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded 8.0 tonight , no issues with the firmware update . There's still something missing for me, I've been on Ares 3.01 for 4 months after trying cyngus x2 7.0 for 2 weeks back then. Something is missing at the input stage or preamp gain. Still seems soft to me as far as pick attack . I've used Freidman BE V models since 2014 all the time for live performances.
That seems odd to me (but everyone’s ears and playback system are different )as I noticed the pick attack has vastly improved and the low mid congestion has been removed , the lows are tighter and a lot more focused now
Have you reset the amps perhaps your previous ares setttings are having and influence also try putting a boost up front if it still is not tight enough ?

Thank you Fractal!

I have to be honest, but when people come along and say, "That is the best I have heard.." I sometimes wonder. But after doing the firmware update, WOW! I have just had about an hour playing just with one amp, the Vox AC30-brilliant and at this moment in time (ears, coffee, sleep, tinnitus...) it is the best sound that I have ever heard out of my Fractal gear (AX8/FM3).

I am truly amazed as I have owned a couple of (then just cheap second hand used) AC30's and they never sounded anything like this.

Thank you Fractal team, you are superb.

Enough typing, the valves on the AC30 are hot so I am plugging my guitar back to have a fun afternoon.

I am actually turned on to be playing my guitar again, and I have not felt this way in a long time!

This is amazing. I've owned Axe-FX III since 2018, and Fm3 very shortly after It came out (I have non headphone version), and are the only pieces of gear that really nail the sound of my pedals and amps, so I can leave them safely at home, or even sell the ones I don't use anymore. Not having gapless switching was the ony thing that, sometimes, would make me look at other multieffects.

But now, I have the impression that they are almost perfect. I could not be happier with my AxeFX III and my FM3.

And also I have noticed that in my 4CM setup, my FM3 changes my amp's channel A LOT faster. I do it via Midi, and It used to be a bit slow on sending the message to my amp. Or perhaps it was just a perception because of the gap. The thing is: now it feels almost immediate.

Thanks for taking this so seriously and working so hard to improve these incredible tools.

If following the "soft reset" option when resetting amp blocks but keeping tone, gain etc the same, Does that process change all amp blocks in every pre-set or only one at a time?

You can open "Manage Presets", mark one or more presets and right click on them.... last option is "Reset Amp Block". EQs are resetted to default parameters when you do this.

two days of working back to back shows here (did get to see and hang with Mr Big and Jared James Nichols so won't complain too much :D
really looking forward to checking this out

especially curious about about the new firmware Fryette d60 comparisons as it's my main amp i use with the band
i'll upload something on that this week, put something together tomorrow

thanks for the hard work on this FAS, staggering amount of very cool updates here🙌

After installation there is no sound from digital output. I re installed the firmware version 7 and still there is no sound. Also the LED screens above tge buttons diplaying onl "----" Does anyone has any idea?

Last edited:
Many thanks. That's so close to almost nothing as to be, for all intents and purposes, a "zero cpu hit" of any practical consequence :)

I'm wondering if they possibly / probably further optimized the code at the same time to counter balance / minimize any cpu hit that would otherwise have occurred compared to applying gapless to the previous CX2 FW.

Regardless .... amazing achievement.

All the best,
Ben
For what it's worth, most of my presets have seen a few percent drop in CPU usage with all gapless turned on. So I guess it depends on what's in the preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom