FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bug per se, but an inconsistency between the FM3 and the Axe Fx. After resetting the cab block, the default DynaCab mic position and distance are 0.0 on the FM3, but on the Axe Fx they default to 5.00 and 4.80 respectively. Not sure what the FM9 does, I don't have mine handy right now.
That sounds like an Axe Fx and/or Axe-Edit bug. They are both 0 on FM9 as far as I remember.

This is where I noticed it the most , I have always felt the low end response , attack and transients were a little off compared to something like a tube front end he Synergy preamps or the IR.X
Cygnus 3 seems to have bridged the gap there where
There is more clarity and a fast attack on the lows and less congestion in the lower mids
The sound is less compressed and more open now w better string separation and articulation especially in those bottom strings , palm mutes or quick percussive style
Awesome. Gonna check it out tonight.

You are speaking my language. I have been comparing my FM3 a lot with my Synergy rig lately, and I use an Axe II for effects with the Synergy. Kind of like you said, the FM3 kind of smears the low end together on high gain chunky sounds, and there is always too much lower midrange. It is just not as clear, and punchy as the Synergy.

If this has already been asked and answered sorry but on the gapless options of Off/Channels and Scenes/ALL am I safe in assuming that ALL will likely use some additional CPU resources on my presets vs Channels and Scenes option?
If this is the case then if I initially choose ALL and find then later decide I want to go to Channels and Scenes instead will simply changing it from one to the other restore what tiny bit of extra CPU was being used on the ALL option or would I need to take additional steps?
This is another one of those 'I don't anticipate running into but want to know in advance' type things.
Thank you.

If this has already been asked and answered sorry but on the gapless options of Off/Channels and Scenes/ALL am I safe in assuming that ALL will likely use some additional CPU resources on my presets vs Channels and Scenes option?
If this is the case then if I initially choose ALL and find then later decide I want to go to Channels and Scenes instead will simply changing it from one to the other restore what tiny bit of extra CPU was being used on the ALL option or would I need to take additional steps?
This is another one of those 'I don't anticipate running into but want to know in advance' type things.
Thank you.
It is dynamic... No need to guess. Turn it on and off and observe the CPU.

That sounds like an Axe Fx and/or Axe-Edit bug. They are both 0 on FM9 as far as I remember.
I haven't tried in Axe Edit, just the front panel. I kind of prefer the behavior on the Axe Fx because IMO those values are a better sounding starting point with a lot of mics/cabs than Cap / 0 cm. But I don't know which is "correct".

Why? You can go directly to any Firmware version. They are all standalone, not cumulative...

Thanks for that info. I've not ever updated any firmware yet on my FM3. I believe I have 6.02 on my FM3 MKII. So, I can go straight to 8.0? If so, please for a noob, what is the order in which I should do all the steps?

Last edited:
Wow, my presets have dropped about 5% CPU usage (72% down to 67% and 76% down to 70%)- amazing job Fractal team!

That was my first question - so happy to hear it’s decreasing CPU usage (as I may .. uhm … have a few presets … or almost all of them :) … that are pushing the CPU limit … )

I am currently waiting while my FM3 upgrades all presets to the new firmware via the option in Utilities described in the release notes. It currently has about 9 minutes left.
In the meantime I read the release notes and then the article linked for 'soft reset'.
I still have one question remaining and then I think I'll be good to go once this is done updating.
For the purposes of wanting to enjoy Cygnus X3 on all of my existing presets I need to know for the 'soft reset' must it be done with each and every amp block on each and every individual existing presets or can I 'soft' reset the amp blocks for all my existing presets in bulk somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom