Ultra and FCB1010

Shanory

Hello all. I recently got an Axe Fx Ultra and a FCB1010 and I have been struggling programing it.
I would like to know if it is possible to program the FCB to have buttons 1, 2 and 3 for one clean sound, one crunch and one overdriven sound and then to have 4 and 5 for delay and reverb switchable for each of those sounds?
I got a gig tomorrow evening and I am kind of desperated.
Thank you so much.

yes it is, but if programing the fcb is tuff for you and you have a gig coming soon, for now I would just move presets around in order to give you the clean, crunch, lead were you want them since the fcb will do presets in stock form. stomp box mod with a stock fcb can be a little confusing to program and use.

Thank you Paranoid for your reply. I know for sure that what you just told me would be the best solution but, having a lot of songs to play and by the way, a lot of different tempos and stuff, i can not have one simple clean, crunch and solo sound. I need to program something like explained above.

I already know ho to assign my expression pedal to a patch and make it a volume pedal. So I tried to do the same thing with the "delay block". But when I click on "learning" and press the 5 button (this is where I want my delay to be), it switches on another patch. Hope you understood what I tried to say. :)

youtube has videos that will get u there just be patient with the foot pedal ,it can be a pain to get the learning curve but when u do it is fully programmable stock. I have a eureka 3 chip and haven't had a need to install it

Button 5 is changing the preset because that button sends a PC message (program change). You actually need to dig in to the FCB and get it to send a CC (controller change) message instead. You can find or assign a midi CC# for the blocks that you want to control with the FCB footswitches, but you'll need to program the FCB to send those CC messages.

I believe there used to be an FBC1010 software editor floating around somewhere out there. That would make editing easier and faster, I'll try to find one.

Thanks spaceranger and justin. Now I think I just need a better understanding of the FCB, because it is a real pain to play with.

the fcb will do what you need but you will have to understand how it works, or you will get very upset! get through your gig with multiple presets and learn the fcb later. Were are you located? maybe there is some one in your area that could help you understand midi. if not study some youtube video's. the manual for the fcb is written for people that already know how it works and was not very helpful for me. If you search this forum though there have been some really good instructional posts explaining how to set up the fcb. If I remember correctly forum member @jimfist had a very good post back a couple of years ago.

I found the midi programming very difficult (I am over 50). Couple of things helped (sorry, I don't have links but maybe this will help you find). Someone named Patrick Voess (or Voes) who is active on this board put together a great guide for programming the FCB1011 for Axe. Search for those terms on the WEB (not this board) and you should find it. The software editor helps a lot (thought it may be a couple of operating systems behind current computers and therefore not usable). Hope it helps! I feel your pain.

I might make video soon in as easy to understand as i can the vids that are out there are kind of all over the place

Hi,

I use an FCB with an Ultra and an Axe 2 and I can tell you that it will not do what you're asking in it's standard form. If you want to have more flexibility and easier programming, buy an Uno chip and fit that. It will allow you to use the FCB in stompbox mode so either the lower 5 switches (1 - 5) will do program changes (i.e. switch patches) while the upper 5 switches (6 - 10) will allow you to switch FX (control changes) or vice versa. Note that the Program changes can be different for each bank but the control changes will always be the same.

Programming the FCB manually is a real pain so get one of the editors - The Ed Dixon one works OK on PC's but is getting old now. Ripwerx is pretty good but the best one is the FCB Uno Control Centre which you can buy from the Uno site - http://www.lg-fcb.com

As to your current problem, you'll need to set up patches with the FX you require and set up program changes on the FCB to switch to them - e.g. if you need your lead sound with reverb, copy the preset without reverb, add the FX and save it in the next slot and likewise with delay, etc. There is no way to switch FX on and off with the standard FCB firmware AFAIK. Good luck!

Hi,

I use an FCB with an Ultra and an Axe 2 and I can tell you that it will not do what you're asking in it's standard form. If you want to have more flexibility and easier programming, buy an Uno chip and fit that. It will allow you to use the FCB in stompbox mode so either the lower 5 switches (1 - 5) will do program changes (i.e. switch patches) while the upper 5 switches (6 - 10) will allow you to switch FX (control changes) or vice versa. Note that the Program changes can be different for each bank but the control changes will always be the same.

Programming the FCB manually is a real pain so get one of the editors - The Ed Dixon one works OK on PC's but is getting old now. Ripwerx is pretty good but the best one is the FCB Uno Control Centre which you can buy from the Uno site - http://www.lg-fcb.com

As to your current problem, you'll need to set up patches with the FX you require and set up program changes on the FCB to switch to them - e.g. if you need your lead sound with reverb, copy the preset without reverb, add the FX and save it in the next slot and likewise with delay, etc. There is no way to switch FX on and off with the standard FCB firmware AFAIK. Good luck!
UMMM...I have mine programmed to do everything you said it can't IDK

Yes, opt for a midi interface, java and one of the soft you can get free on the net. Piece of cake. MANUAL programming fcb = pain in the Ass.

Back
Top Bottom