School me on the AxeFX II and Custom IR's

Schwiz

Newbie AxeFX owner here. :)

I want to add custom IR's to my AxeFx:
Can I upload my own collection using Cab-Lab Lite?
If I purchase the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters IR pack, will I need to also purchase Cab-Lab, or will Cab-Lab Lite work?
Can anyone recommend a Fractal Cab Pack for some serious djont? I'm toying with purchasing Cab Pack 19.

If there are threads that point all this out, please feel free to link me. Thanks everyone!

Newbie AxeFX owner here. :)

I want to add custom IR's to my AxeFx:
Can I upload my own collection using Cab-Lab Lite?
If I purchase the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters IR pack, will I need to also purchase Cab-Lab, or will Cab-Lab Lite work?
Can anyone recommend a Fractal Cab Pack for some serious djont? I'm toying with purchasing Cab Pack 19.

If there are threads that point all this out, please feel free to link me. Thanks everyone!

Yes, Cab-Lab Lite should work fine.
-
Austin

Yeah as Austin mentioned Cab-Lab 3 Lite will allow you to convert Ownhammer (or other vendors who sell IRs as .wav) repsonses to .syx format to send to your AxeFX:

1. Go to the "Tools" menu
  2. Select "Wav2Syx... "
  3. In the dialog that comes up set the pulldown to "UltraRes"
  4. Under the "Source Folder:" section of that same dialog, click the "BROWSE" button and navigate to the folder of OwnHammer Fractal wav's you downloaded
  5. Under the "Destination Folder:" section click "BROWSE" and navigate to where you want your converted .syx files to go
  6. Click the "CONVERT" button

Wav2Syx will remake the folder structure from the folder you select on down and convert every .wav it encounters along the way into a .syx in the destination directory. Once you have these .syx files you can transfer them to your afx with Axe-Edit's "Axe-Manage Cabs" tool or Fractal-Bot. No need to purchase the full Cab-Lab 3 unless of course you want to mix multiple IR positions....

Not really my sound, but I should suspect that Heavy Hitters Collection from OH or any of the Bulb packs from Fractal and ML Sound Labs pass the "does it djent" tjest ;)

Thanks h.c.e.! I downloaded the Cab-Lab Lite version last night and started playing around with it, however, I think it may be worth it to purchase the full version as it has much more capabilities. Thanks for the reply; super helpful!

Back
Top Bottom